Update, 15 year old balding

BruhHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_20201205_133806.jpg

Hi, I'm not here to point out my balding or anything, I know I am, it's hereditary, I'm aware of my fate and nothing can change it.

I posted here around 10 months ago and since then my hairline hasn't gone back as much as I feared it would which I'm happy for. However my left side lost a significant amount of hair. I'm nearly the age my brother was when he had a very very clear receding hairline.

What I just wanted to say was, Ive accepted my hair. There isn't anything I can do for the next 5 years at least. I get laughed at and I'm insecure about it, but it is what it is. I've been growing my hair out and honestly for a few months I didn't even worry about it. I get sad that I've started balding so early into my life and I'll never be able to be handsome or have nice hair, but I've come to terms with it. I think everyone should just learn to accept the cards they've been dealt. After all the reason we fear or are insecure about such things is because we can't control them, and when we give power to things we can't control we only worsen the situation. Anyways, thanks for reading have a good day :)

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re never going to be able to be handsome?? Not true at all. What you should do is start minoxidil now, it can act as a preventative measure until you’re old enough for finasteride. I wonder if oral min is allowed in your case since you’re young. And also micro needle. do what you can with the least amount of effect on your hormones. Once you’re old enough hop on finasteride or dutasteride.

If even after all that you’re still balding and you don’t want to escalate to estrogen or transplants, then that’s fine too. Buzz cut and stay and on finasteride/dutasteride to give your scalp texture. And being handsome at that point is all about fashion, body, and skin. Fix those up and a buzz cut won’t bring you down too much

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you could use Minoxidil and Nizoral 2% with ketoconazole twice or thrice a week if you want, maybe you're a great responder and will be able to hold on using that for a long time. Also you've still got a sweet widow's peak and would probably look great with a crew cut+fade on the sides like this:

Long-Crew-Cut.jpg

Or a faux-hawk such as this:

xbigwesx-Crew-cut.jpg

Or a caesar if you want something low-maintenance that won't require anything to style:

short-caesar-haircut-500x625.jpg

How good you'd look in each haircut depends on your face shape tho, and I'd avoid using hair dryers, dye or gel because they can damage your hair, just stick to styling wax and a daily shower after using it (You don't wanna leave the wax on your hair for more than a day). Avoid haircuts with longer hair on the sides because they emphasize your receding temples.

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would shoot for Minoxidil Plus dermarolling. In addition, I would also add castor oil. That's to stimulate new growth.

As for Inhibiting DHT, I would shoot for either topical Eucapil, Alfatriodol, and/or topical Zix. These can likely hold the line decently well for a while, and then the growth stimulation can land you at least at general maintenance, and may even advance you a Norwood

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you could use Minoxidil and Nizoral 2% with ketoconazole twice or thrice a week if you want, maybe you're a great responder and will be able to hold on using that for a long time. Also you've still got a sweet widow's peak and would probably look great with a crew cut+fade on the sides like this:

View attachment 152204

Or a faux-hawk such as this:

View attachment 152205

Or a caesar if you want something low-maintenance that won't require anything to style:

View attachment 152206

How good you'd look in each haircut depends on your face shape tho, and I'd avoid using hair dryers, dye or gel because they can damage your hair, just stick to styling wax and a daily shower after using it (You don't wanna leave the wax on your hair for more than a day). Avoid haircuts with longer hair on the sides because they emphasize your receding temples.

Why people hate faixa hawk nowadays? It looks great

jazz1

Reaction score
What about considering the BIG3 or Topical Finasteride?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would get ketoconazole compounded together with 5% minoxidil but don't quote me on that as I have never researched possible issues