Unwanted Facial Hair Cause By Minoxidil

Kylei

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! I’m a female and because of experiencing a receding hairline, I tried using minoxidil. Then after a month and a half of using it I noticed that my vellus hair on my forehead and under eye started to grow. I immediately stopped using it. I wonder if any of you experienced this and how did you get rid of it? I heard that it will shed off on its own but I’m not sure if it’s true. I don’t really know what to do.

I hope you guys will help, cause I'm slowly getting paranoid because of this. Thank you

Attachments

• 8AD38CA3-0821-4011-9B80-FEC471277425.jpeg
    8AD38CA3-0821-4011-9B80-FEC471277425.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 7B42812F-71D2-4251-AE4D-1E5C9DFE19A1.jpeg
    7B42812F-71D2-4251-AE4D-1E5C9DFE19A1.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What dose did you use? I had body hair grow(I'm a guy) on weird places on my face from oral minoxidil but it made that hairs thicker only to a certain point - they dont get bigger or thicker from what I saw at 2 months of using oral minoxidil although I still countinnue to use it for another 3 months. Most of times body hair have shorter "lifespan" then scalp hair so minoxidil will first make your bodyhair thicker and then hair on your scalp. Did you try any other treatments? Female hairloss are most of times easier to control.

Kylei

My Regimen
Reaction score
What dose did you use? I had body hair grow(I'm a guy) on weird places on my face from oral minoxidil but it made that hairs thicker only to a certain point - they dont get bigger or thicker from what I saw at 2 months of using oral minoxidil although I still countinnue to use it for another 3 months. Most of times body hair have shorter "lifespan" then scalp hair so minoxidil will first make your bodyhair thicker and then hair on your scalp. Did you try any other treatments? Female hairloss are most of times easier to control.
Well I used a liquid minoxidil 5%.I didn't try other treatments and I did noticed that I became much more hairy on my forearm. I guess I'll wait for a few more months to observe if those unwanted hair will shed off on its own. And I'll try a natural way to fight this thinning hair of mine.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil will eventually disperse all over and affect all hairs on your body. The application on the scalp will have the highest dose, with the least amount of time, but eventually it goes everywhere. Just like a nicotine patch. Just because you put it on your arm doesn't mean it will not eventually go everywhere.
I would guess that trimming little hairs around your eyes and forehead would be a SMALL price to pay for it working on your scalp.
Don't stop taking it.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I used a liquid minoxidil 5%.I didn't try other treatments and I did noticed that I became much more hairy on my forearm. I guess I'll wait for a few more months to observe if those unwanted hair will shed off on its own. And I'll try a natural way to fight this thinning hair of mine.
You can try for example caffeine lotion which works better for women than men. Also stemoxidine might work. Did you have blood test in the previous time? Low ferritin (which tells you how much iron you have in the body) is link for female hair loss and talking vitamin d3 might be helpful, biotin and most supplements for hairloss are overrated.