unreal

antonio666

Reaction score
now i have been on avodart for exactly for 10 weeks and my hair is apalling ,really apalling,so apalling that i have to talk myself out of ending it all,but i figure i have invested 10 weeks of my life already to this drug,
may as well follow through to the year,i don't blame avodart for my hairloss,i do feel it may have speede up the process a bit but what really gets me is that other people are responding well to the drug and it is all down hill for me.The last time i went clubbing was 7 weeks ago,used to go 2 times a week,7 weeks ago my hair was passable (i hated it )but was not obvios that i was going bald now i feel there is no return to even baseline

This week i am going to shave my head to about 4 mm all over,it will look awful as my head does not suit it,anyway have been left with no choice,
guys like filmflam are lucky that they can pull it off but with me i look great with hair ,sh*t without.

To be honest i don't see much of a future for my self these days,just staying at home,when i'm not working.I now hate people with full heads of hair(i know this is wrong but it is honestly how i feel)

to all those who respond to this thread i am not looking for sympathy,just neede to see my thoughts in words

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i see you are using minoxidil as well
both of the treatments can cause alot of shedding and i had this time as well,i suspect i just started shedding again a week ago this ime from the dutasteride (its hard to tell because my hair is buzzed)
but anyway what im trying to say is that i needed 6 months to start seeing results 6 months is about 26 weeks ,unlike you i havent complained every week because i read about those treatment before and understood they take time ,i understand you suffer and that's too bad but if you have the balls to stay on the drugs long enough youll be well above baseline at the end ,and for some people at take a long long time to get there

Sean68

Reaction score
i bet its not that bad antonio. 5th aves sh*t anyway these days - too crowded! have you got any pics?

antonio666

Reaction score
sean 68

no i havent got any pics,i don't think you would be able to tell that much diffrence in pics because i havent had my hair cut for 3 weeks and it has a wavy appearence but i can tell that my hair has changed color from black to med brown i the last 10 weeks ,i also used to have bangs now if i style my hair to have bangs it look so thin and with the front thinning out so much it is terrible ,i hope roki is right that i will get back to base;line but i cannot see it

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it would be nice if we could see exactly how your hair is. It may not be as bad as you think, but I'm afraid we can't tell whether you're over reacting or not if you don't show us!

Honestly, with both dutasteride and minoxidil I reckon you'd have to have awful hair genetics not to see any results. How have other family members faired in the hair department?

antonio666

Reaction score
stu85,

my dad has hair like simon cowell and norwood 1,my older brother norwood 1,he's 34.only one person had any hairloss mums dad,
norwood 2 but diffuse allover,like mine,but have never seen him or any photos off him just what my mum told me,cousins all have good hair

to be honest i cannot handle taking pics of my hair at the moment,i have give up using a double mirror because i6t depresses me even more

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
stu85,

my dad has hair like simon cowell and norwood 1,my older brother norwood 1,he's 34.only one person had any hairloss mums dad,
norwood 2 but diffuse allover,like mine,but have never seen him or any photos off him just what my mum told me,cousins all have good hair

to be honest i cannot handle taking pics of my hair at the moment,i have give up using a double mirror because i6t depresses me even more

Man, you have better hair genetics than me! I've got pretty depressed about my hair lately, I seem to be shedding so much and it's f*****g driving me insane! I don't know if it's the minoxidil or what, but I could swear my hair is getting worse. I was shaving with my electric shaver this morning and I was seriously considering doing a Britney Spears: shaving the whole f*****g lot off. Yeah, I'd look stupid, but at least the shedding wouldn't be able to drive me any further towards insanity. :/