Unofficial S5 Plus Topical Discussion And Log

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
Active ingredients: 5% Spironolactone, 0.1% Adenosine, 0.05% Alfatradiol, 3.5% Tempol

Swoop and others were able to build a nice custom topical for us. There was a huge thread about building the custom topical. Now let's have a discussion on the production topical, as well as logs. Fidia delayed us for another year on the Ch Ch Ch Chia, so i'm either going to begin the S5 Plus or i'm going for an FUE.

I've read several threads in other sections about the S5 Plus cream, but lets consolidate all our findings in the NRST section.

Reaction score
I got some but havnt applied it yet. Currently just on 1x day minoxidil. Will do update if anything dramatic happens either way.

curep4

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using now for 2 weeks or so. Nothing to report yet... I believe I am currently going through a big shed going from 5% minoxidil to 15%.

I buzzed my head off also because this cream is hard to apply with longer hair.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive been using this S5 and S5 Plus topical for about 3 weeks, on and off. Its real hard to get through my hair and onto my scalp. Ive been trying to dilute it with the Follione product that this site sells and with a custom liquid i bought from another site. Im not sure if me diluting this is degrading the product or not, but i havent noticed anything positive yet.

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I can see that s5 via the link on this site is out of stock again.

Can anyone remind me of another reliable source? My last tub came from somewhere else, but unfortunately I cannot remember where and the label has come off!

Thanks

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I was previously told by Dr. Lee to apply Minoxidil first and wait for it to completely dry

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was previously told by Dr. Lee to apply Minoxidil first and wait for it to completely dry

holy sh*t man your an old timer! 2005!

how long you been using spironolactone cream for? you using anything else?

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to try this stuff... but is there anyway around that big shipping charge or a way to get some type of discount on a first purchase?

Reaction score
It took me few weeks to get from when I ordered.
Its messy af it get on if your frontly diffuse like me wish it was more solution based like minoxidil.
I put it on right after minoxidil foam 1x day at night or if I have time ill let dry for 15m the put it on
I wear a du rag to sleep at night to try to keep it contained. in the morning I can see cream still sticking to hair some and have to wash it off

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It took me few weeks to get from when I ordered.
Its messy af it get on if your frontly diffuse like me wish it was more solution based like minoxidil.
I put it on right after minoxidil foam 1x day at night or if I have time ill let dry for 15m the put it on
I wear a du rag to sleep at night to try to keep it contained. in the morning I can see cream still sticking to hair some and have to wash it off

How's it working for ya? How long ya been on it and what else ya using?

Last edited:

badgenes

Reaction score
The store page mentions seeing results after 6 to 12 months of use. It's been available for under 2 months, so no one will know conclusively how effective it is for a while.

It took a couple of weeks for my order to arrive. Yes, it ships from China apparently. There was a tracking number, but I had some trouble getting useful info from it.

I've been using it for almost 3 weeks, 2x a day. No obvious changes. I'll probably never really be able to judge its effectiveness scientifically since it's primarily a maintenance treatment and I am also on Finasteride (4 months) and Revivogen (...longer). I'm just looking for additional coverage while Finasteride does its thing and avoid ever having to add growth stimulants.

As far as application, what I do is part my hair from front to back and apply it along the parts little by little by dabbing a small amount of the cream on my finger. Applying it to the hairline is easier. Application time is annoying, so it takes some motivation to do it 2x a day, but I haven't had any problems with the cream sticking to my hair this way. The cream is thicker than the original S5, but it's fine. Supposedly they are working on getting the consistency closer to the original. I use it in the morning and if anything the thicker cream makes it easier to style my hair.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How's it working for ya? How long ya been on it and what else ya using?
only been on 4 days so far nothing noticeable yet. i just use minoxidil(3months) and this. i tried finasteride for 10 months and actually felt like it was making hair worse and didn't like not getting morning wood and less hard erections libido less seemingly higher voice facial hair less. maybe it was in my head but it wasnt working for me so decided to jump off and see how it goes. i might try it again in future. when i got of tho it did tank my hormone profile across the board from lab test i got.everything was low end of range. im back to normal now ruffly(been of like 5 months or so)

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm looking to get either zix or s5 + cream.... too many options these days not sure which to go with.

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on 5% minoxidil twice a day. Is this worth buying ?