Universalis for 4 years

aimahaltinhyeu

Reaction score
Writing/ typing about my alopecia isn't really my thing. I just happened to find this site, and I thought I would share my story.

This is my second time with alopecia universalis. I had it when I was two years old. My hair came back when I was four years old. And when I turned thriteen, my hair fell off again. I became bald within months. I decided to wear a wig, and it has been working pretty well. My peers at school...they're really nosy.

They noticed my hair did not look the same. They started to question me. After a few months, the rumors about my having cancer and insults about my eyebrows calmed down. No one seemed to care about my appearance anymore.

But nowadays, it has been getting harder to hide my wig. I am becoming more active in certain school programs. And people become more suspicious everyday. There are times when I just want to tell the whole world that I have alopecia universalis, but I am still too embarassed.

On the bright side, my eyelashes have grown back. There is a lot of little tiny baby hair on my head. I know and hope that by my senior year of high school, I will have a full head of hair.

Still fighting and hoping...

callalillies1605

Reaction score
2001 my Senior year of High School my hair started falling out and I was diagnosed with AA...6 months later all my hair out..SO I have been dealing with AU for over 10 years....Your Senior year of high school was supposed to be the greatest year of being in High School..Well, not for me...It was the worst..

I can actually say I know what you are going through because I went through it...People said rude things at school...Like I was doing it to myself to get friends...I had my own friends....I wore a bandanna through my whole senior year....I was in a bunch of writing classes and Choir and show Choir...... I wrote a piece about myself in one of my writing classes and then I read it to my Choir class because I just couldn't take it any more....I couldn't believe that I did it....I cried and cried and cried after I did...Then I had to go and see my gudience counselor and after that...It wasn't so bad.....

There are ways to keep your wig on....You can use double sided tape....Or what I do I wear nylon bands on my head for this reason...keeping it in place....I have been wearing a hair piece for over 10 years.....A year after graduation I went to an electrolysis to get my eyebrows permanently on...(tattoo is what it is) Best money I ever spent.....I used eye shadow and a stencil but they kept rubbing off....I can keep going on and on over what I have been through and I am on this website to find support because I never really had it when I was growing up...Let's just say I grew up real fast......I hope we can chat...I think we have a lot in common......

Cambodia

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have alopecia totalis around 6 years now, and I have treatment that can help me to keep my hair . I knew how it feel when we have this disease. Anyway I'm free if you want to ask how to treat. I hope I can bring all your smile back!