United Kingdom Hair Transplants Need Advice

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, 'Dude', I didn't need a transplant then, but do now.... what's so strange about that? The very end of 2009 I was more into concealers. Everyone so flush on here are they.

I have checked out a few in the last couple of years London based, but everyone I've seen so far, and particularly the one mentioned already on this thread, were pointless exercises

Even with flights (which you can get a rebate for in some places), you're going to get a surgery that is probably at least 30% cheaper, and twice as good if you travel. Even if you travel to Canada, that's only an extra 3 or 4 days out of your life. Is your goal trying to fix your hair, or is it to stay in your own country at all costs? Inevitably you'll end up realising this yourself at some point even if others hadn't told you this. A transplant in the UK is stupid, and so is staying in your own country for a hair transplant.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you've been on the forum since 2009. How in the actual fuk are you still looking into UK clinics?

Could be worse.. at least he's not looking at an Australian or New Zealand clinic, lol $8 a graft , I don't think there is any worse value for money in the world for hair transplants than down here.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Yes. DUPA means that hair from the whole donor area is affected by DHT too and it could drop (no matter where you place them). Few doctors are willing to put their hands on this.

Sorry for my English.

Your English is fine, are you saying the donor hair, or the hair that's still growing, some confusion. Donor hair is what they say doesn't fall after planting elsewhere

Davidubi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your English is fine, are you saying the donor hair, or the hair that's still growing, some confusion. Donor hair is what they say doesn't fall after planting elsewhere
Donor hair is what they say doesn't fall after planting elsewhere unless you have DUPA, in that case you are going to need finasteride forever and it is complicated to end up satisfied after a surgery if suffering from DUPA. Many times coverage does not meet your goals
In this video you have english description. watch on youtube!

Davidubi

My Regimen
Reaction score
but sometimes the result is just awesome even if you have DUPA like this. Wow Lorenzo is just THE doctor

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
but sometimes the result is just awesome even if you have DUPA like this. Wow Lorenzo is just THE doctor

That isn't DUPA, that is just someone who is diffused. DUPA is when the back and sides are thinning too.

Davidubi

My Regimen
Reaction score
That isn't DUPA, that is just someone who is diffused. DUPA is when the back and sides are thinning too.
from the description: "36 year-old patient with advanced alopecia and thinning in the donor area (DUPA= Diffuse unpatterned alopecia)."

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
from the description: "36 year-old patient with advanced alopecia and thinning in the donor area (DUPA= Diffuse unpatterned alopecia)."

And yet as a 36 year old with "DUPA" his donor looks like it could take another 2500 grafts after 4700. The guy doesn't have DUPA. They clearly mean diffuse thinning.

Davidubi

My Regimen
Reaction score
And yet as a 36 year old with "DUPA" his donor looks like it could take another 2500 grafts after 4700. The guy doesn't have DUPA. They clearly mean diffuse thinning.
Yes! Lorenzo is a liar and that is not a DUPA.
You should be aware the technique that Lorenzo puts in practice. Lorenzo always gives you a spreadsheet with your donor area features in detail graft by graft.
The donor area looks great because top doctors do not pick grafts up randomly.
Btw that is unfortunately a DUPA.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So DUPA is not diffuse thinning like I have, if the sides and back are still good, that's not DUPA?

Does that change things...and not apply then to what you are referring to, ie drugs for donor area?
Do all people who have diffuse have to keep taking stuff?

Davidubi

My Regimen
Reaction score
So DUPA is not diffuse thinning like I have, if the sides and back are still good, that's not DUPA?

Does that change things...and not apply then to what you are referring to, ie drugs for donor area?
Do all people who have diffuse have to keep taking stuff?
Diffuse is when you hair loss has no pattern, your hair drop from all the top of your head, not only from a specific area. This is also a DUPA but sometimes DHT also affects to your nape and sides thinning the hair which means it will drop sooner or later and can not be picked up. Doctors take healthy hairs but they can not predict when the hairs picked up can suffer DHT and this is why you need medication. Dutasteride is recommended for DUPA as it blocks 95% DHT.

donyell

Reaction score
If he said it is DUPA then it is very likely DUPA. Most times it is only detectable with magnification. He'll look with a microscope/cam and if you have more than 10-15% of hairs that do not match the rest of your donor ie different pigment, look more miniaturized etc he considers it DUPA. My donor looks thick af and hasn't seemed to change at all but he told me I have potential 'hidden DUPA' because some of the donor looked suspect. Especially if you're already on meds for all you know you could have DUPA that is being kept at bay so if there is even a slight chance of it it make sense he'd warn patients so they don't get off finasteride/dutasteride ever. Also DUPA varies it doesn't necessarily mean your whole donor gets wiped out like the rest of your male pattern baldness hair just that it is androgen sensitive to a degree.

Moseshair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi mate what have you decided to do?

Why did you not go with Chiswick hair clinic in London?