Uneven fat distribution, any way to turn things around?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got uneven fat distribution (probably naturally) and I get way more fat on the left side of my body and the difference is pretty drastic... is there any way to prevent this?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Never heard of that before :freaked:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Never heard of that before :freaked:

Well I guess I didn't explain it very well... you see, my left hand is way thicker than my right (I'm left-handed) and I also get way more stomach and chest fat on the left side. It may sound weird and believe me, I think it's weird too! But the difference is really noticeable, for example my left nipple is quite a bit lower than the right one because of this. This is why I never take my shirt off infront of people.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
the way your body stores fat is 100% genetic...nothing you can do.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of :(.

G

ghg said:

Are you sure its fat? Alot of people mistake water retention for fat.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Davidoff said:
ghg said:

Are you sure its fat? Alot of people mistake water retention for fat.

I don't know what it is but there's more of it on my left side... a lot more. And it applies to my face too.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea, I have some of that too. It's just like most womens boobs are to
some extent different sizes. The person that has the most symmetry
is normally perceived as the best looking and healthiest, but most
of us have to put up with quite a bit of lop sidedness. It's in
our genes and there is no changing it.

G

I don't know what it is but there's more of it on my left side... a lot more. And it applies to my face too.[/quote]
It sounds like water retention to me.I think you should see a doctor.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
malibujoe said:
can u post a pic w/shirt off?

Lol I think you have an admirier ghg, think u might get lucky after all :hump:

Seriously tho, I have what you would call an uneven fat balance that is very difficult to counter in the gym. I have very lean arms and legs and no matter how much I eat or get fat they never gain fat. All the fat goes to my stomach and around my core. When I diet down to get abs I get ridiculously thin in the face and I look like skelator and its not a good look for me. So now im trying to build up my ab muscles so they stick out more when i still have a higher BF percentage. I think its the only way.

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
You could of course just try and lose fat...

if you can get down to around 10-12% I doubt there'd be enough to look lop-sided. I know that when I've been at 10 or 11% there's very little subcutaneous fat visible.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
malibujoe said:

Seriously tho, I have what you would call an uneven fat balance that is very difficult to counter in the gym. I have very lean arms and legs and no matter how much I eat or get fat they never gain fat. All the fat goes to my stomach and around my core. When I diet down to get abs I get ridiculously thin in the face and I look like skelator and its not a good look for me. So now im trying to build up my ab muscles so they stick out more when i still have a higher BF percentage. I think its the only way.

ur an idiot. men store fat in their bellies and chest...not in their arms or legs.

G

malibujoe said:
metalheaddude said:
malibujoe said:

ur an idiot. men store fat in their bellies and chest...not in their arms or legs.
Fat can be stored all over the body.Men get more around there midsection but that doesnt mean they dont get fat around there arms and legs.