Understanding When To Perform Fue And More

qwer123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have researching the past couple of weeks about FUE. I have some questions. I am 31 now and maybe a norwood 2 or early norwood 3. I currently use 5% minoxidil and sometimes use nizoral. I've been looking at many people doing FUE in Turkey and the US and their results and I have a few questions:

1. I feel like timing when to do a FUE is very important. I know I have a lot more male pattern baldness to go given my family heriditary and most of them around a norwodd 5-6. I am trying to figure out if I do go with FUE. How do I ensure I go at the right time in my life where I do not need to go for any more sessions because my male pattern baldness progresses. I don't want to invest money time and going through the painful waiting game which ive seen last 9-18 months to know that I need another session because of my progression in male pattern baldness. What long term plans do Dr's provide to counteract this? I've discussed with a few Dr's but haven't got a good answer about this yet. I'm assuming they predict this and transplant where normall they see male pattern baldness progress.

2. I notice because I am looking at Turkey (I've already looked at who has been recommended the most) that technicians are used even though in North America a Dr. must perform any surgery. How have any of insisted on the Dr performing the whole procedure or ensuring a qualified technician perform some of the procedure correctly?

3. I know Dr's will send you home with a package of maintianing your recovery during your recovery period. But after your recovery what do any of you do to maintain your transplant maintains its health. Is there some regimine to ensure none of the transplanted hair falls off. Do some of you go for PRP injections on a regular basis to maintain your hair?

I am just trying to first time my procedure if I wish to go forward and ensure I give myself the best opportunity for the best results if I do so.

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that the best candidates are nw4-5 who are stabilised and have bald spots,for diffuse thinners is harder to place grafts,because hair is still there,just thinner.Nw2 and without meds,as yourself,this is the worst time to go for hair transplant,as you will likely receding more in future.