under eye bags and wrinkles from minoxidil?

_undead_

Reaction score
ive heard about this happening and ive noticed over the past few weeks that my eyes have huge shadows under them and ive noticed they are wrinkled at the corners and underneath as well. is there anything i can do to reverse this?

ive been on minoxidil maybe 5-6 months and i started off on the 5% rogaine foam but ive been using a 15% liquid solution with azelaic acid for the past month or two. i didnt really notice much with the 5% but then again maybe i wasnt paying attention. would it reverse if i went back to the 5%?

also, ive heard that vitamin E and copper peptides are good for wrinkles. will it make a difference if i apply that to the problem areas?

would it be possible for me to come off the minoxidil now after 6 months? would i start shedding again?

please help me out guys.

mires

Reaction score
minoxidil is a bad "cure" for baldness in that it doesn't do anything to fix/prevent the actual cause of male pattern baldness. It just stimulates the hair follicles to grow better and it does so only for as long as you take minoxidil. So in other words, you will lose any gains you've made when you stop taking it. There will be a massive shed about 1-2 months after stopping, I know because I have witnessed it myself.

As far as I know you usually get facial problems with minoxidil only when you are overdoing it. What you could try is taking minoxidil only in the mornings, it is supposed to be *almost* as effective as taking it twice a day and you won't risk having your pillow smothered with minoxidil that has rubbed off from your hair (effectively ending up on your face).

_undead_

Reaction score
i see. thanks a lot for your reply.

ill try using the 15% solution in the morning and the 5% foam at night but a while before i go to sleep so it doesnt end up everywhere.like i said though the only place im having trouble with the wrinkles is near the eyes.

ive also noticed a lot more shedding recently and these are full grown hairs with the bulb at the end. is this another minoxidil shed because i switched to a higher concentration other some other factor?

thanks a lot for your reply.

Defiance

Established Member
Reaction score
Straight up get off the minoxidil pal.

Exactly what happened to me from using higher strengths. Spectral DNC-L seemed to be the worse becasue of its nanosome deep penetration.
I was on minoxidil about a year and a half untill finally had to drop it because skin was noticeably too bad. Oh yea did i mention i was 21.
Theres studies that show it inhibits collagen synthesis, but i think in most users it's ok because they use the usual 5% solution/or some are just more prone to it's side effects like me...still trying to reverse the undereye damage.

Honest advice, go straight off, go on spectral rs in morn, and revivogen/spironolactone night time. If you can go on the RU train and buy a decent eye cream.

_undead_

Reaction score
whats in spectral RS? will i still lose any hair gained from the minoxidil if i start using that? i cant find much info on it. its like $33 on amazon. how long does that last?

_undead_

Reaction score
btw defiance, did you only notice negative effects from the higher concentrations or was the 5% bad for you as well?

Defiance

Established Member
Reaction score
Spectral rs is just one of the minoxless topicals out there. Probably not that effective but not that many other grow stimulant options.
Well hard to say i started off on quite a high strength minoxidil, xandrox i think then dabbled in a few others of varying strengths over that year and a half.
More just a very unnatural rapid progression of ageing round the eyes and bit of forehead lines untill oneday i looked in the mirror and was like f**k iv'e gotta get off this stuff.
Been exactly a year now since being off it and theres been no change, good or bad. I thought since i was young my skin may repair itself from the sides but nope. So i hit up the skin boards and am trying to reverse them through topicals etc.
Def dont have the dark undereyes anymore, just the lines. ugh.
I think the whole situation was the gods trying to stop me from being so vein and putting too much emphasis on good looks etc.
Im more humble now, still a bummer, but i judge people far less/ beauty is only skin deep and all that..

Defiance

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, you might be ok with 5%, i would just be weary the fact that your one of the rare ones that notice skin sides so that any minoxidil % would have some bad effect on your skin to some degree

_undead_

Reaction score
yea i used the 5% for maybe 4 months. ive been on the 15% for like 2 months and i noticed it just now. idk how long its been there but im pretty sure it wasnt there before. been trying to look at old pictures but cant really find anything good.

thx for the help.

as for the wrinkles, there are surgery options available but they cost $6000+

btw defiance how has your hair been since you switched to spectral RS?

_undead_

Reaction score
i was also just looking up some studies about minoxidil and collagen inhibition. basically any concentration will inhibit it but it is dose dependent. after a certain point however the inhibition is complete.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
With dermarolling, retin-a or any sort of collagen boosting peptide you can mitigate any of the bad side effects minoxidil may have on your skin. Although im still not fully convinced it causes wrinkles taking care of your skin should be something you are doing anyway.