under 25 and on treatment?

JJ1980

Reaction score
I wonder how many people on this board are under 25 and taking finasteride normally without side effects.

I have a strange feeling that most of the people experiencing the so called 2% side effects are younger people who are more sensitive to hormone swings.

Does anyone know the age range of the population that was tested on by Merck for their propecia study? If they had a sample population of balding men to test their product on, I would assume a large portion of this are men who are in their fifties who are much less sensitive to DHT destruction.

jeffsss

Reaction score
I started taking it while i was 25, i'm now 26. i noticed no sides really except my ejaculation was more watery..

my nipples got a little puffy but i counterd that with grape juice and a little tamoxifen..

good luck1

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JJ1980 said:
I wonder how many people on this board are under 25 and taking finasteride normally without side effects.

I have a strange feeling that most of the people experiencing the so called 2% side effects are younger people who are more sensitive to hormone swings.

Does anyone know the age range of the population that was tested on by Merck for their propecia study? If they had a sample population of balding men to test their product on, I would assume a large portion of this are men who are in their fifties who are much less sensitive to DHT destruction.

I can't remember the ending age, but I know it was from 18 on.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude – it has nothing to do with age.

Started finasteride when I was almost 25, now I’m 28. No side effects, no man boobs, nothing but maintenance of my hair to date.

Interestingly, I recently had two weeks holiday and in the second week my libido dropped through the floor. Nothing wrong with the wedding tackle, if my girly (or I) played with it enough, I’d get a decent hard-on, however, I just had no desire to bang my beautiful girlfriend. I normally wake up with a hard-on, bang my girl, crack a few NRH’s through the day wanting to get one away, bang my girl in the evening once, maybe twice – so I became really paranoid!!

See, I work a high-pressure job, with long hours but also like to burn the candles at both ends – I’m out all the time, either with my girl, playing sport or boozing with my mates. I normally only sleep 6 to 7 hours per night maximum during the week and maybe 4 to 5 hours per night on weekends. However, what happened during my two weeks holiday is that I had no work, no sport, no boozing, just time out on the beach with my girl – sleeping up to 9 or 10 hours per night.

The reason I lost my libido was that I was sleeping TOO much, not enough activity and my body patterns were all f*cked up. I wasn’t waking up with a hard on, had no desire and this was the reason. How do I know this?

Well, towards the end of my break I had a night on the p*ss with a mate, got home at 5am, woke up at 10am (with a hard-on) and randy as all hell. Put my girly away twice that afternoon. Since then, I’ve gone back to no more than 7 hours of sleep a night and everything is back on track!!

So if there’s any of you blokes out there, complaining of sides but who also don’t get much physical activity and too much sleep each day. Get out more, play more sport, mix things up and see how you go!

Good luck

Def

Britannia

Reaction score
Finasteride 1mg for 3 months
Sides: Acne
Results: Slight regrowth on temples (vellus) but catasrophic shed from vertex.

Dark_Vegeta

Reaction score
hey

im 19 and have been on propecia for 7 months now,and had no sides what so ever and my hair is still very thick and i have noticed very small white hairs around my temples and hairline and i to have the "V" hairline

nastyman33

Reaction score
Britannia said:
Results: Slight regrowth on temples (vellus) but catasrophic shed from vertex.

Britannia, I'm looking to start Propecia to counter temple recession, and this is what I am worried about. Did the shed cause your vertex to go from thick to thin?

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
I started finasteride at 23 years old. Been on it for about 5 months now, not sure about sides. Possible testicular pain. No libido problems.

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
No real sides. I've been taking a liquid finasteride from cemproducts.com, at .83 mg per day, some days I double it to 1.66mg. About 4 months now and I clearly see regrowth at the sides of my forehead. I'm 26, but wish I had started when I was 24 when I first saw signs of temple recession.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
study

the propecia was tested on males 18-41.
i am 20 and have been on propecia for about a month and i notice no side effects at all.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i been on propecia 16 days. im 20.