UNDECTABLE hairlines

Baldee1973

Reaction score
I' am 31 , I have been wearing a system off and on since i was 21 !

I have been to " Big NAME " places like HCM ,etc,etc..

Like everyone else I have had bad experiences with companies like them !

I have had my head totally shaved and i mean SHAVED !

And i did not have the ideal head to be shaved because it is egg shaped !

Personally it was harder for me going baled at 20+ then at 30+ !!!

So with about 10 years of wearing all kinds of systems on my head

and blowing all kinds of $$$$$$$$$ , i dont wont to add it up or else i might cry !!

I can safely say to the guys who want to wear a system or are planning on getting one,

IF YOU WANT A SYSTEM WITH A NATURAL, UNDECTABLE HAIRLINE YOU HAVE TO WEAR A SYSTEM WITH A LACE FRONT !!

NO IFS AND OR BUTS !! DONT LET ANYONE OR COMPANY TELL YOU OTHERWISE !! IF ANYONE TELLS YOU OTHER WISE YOUR GETTING BS'd
!

I have alot of proof and experience to back this up !!

There are alot of good systems out there that will blow you away !

I have always struggled with hairlines before because i have black hair and I am a white male.

To achieve natural hair lines, a few EXTREMELY important things have to be achieved

1) Lace type - the lace has to bo invisble to the eye

2) Hair density- if the amount of hair is to dense, it will look un natural, you have to be able to see some scalp when parting the hair or when stying the hair ! To much haor in the system will look like a rug !

3) Attachment- use glue not tape, because glue will dry dull and clear
Tape will always look shiny through the lace

Tape around the sides and back is ok !

4) European hair is the best hair to use - it will always stay shiny and look healthy !!

5) Systems shound only last 3 - 4 months !!

The hair can only last so long before it dries out , there is no human follicle to norrish the hair no matter what products you use on it !

Bank on buying 3 - 4 systems a year to keep it real as possible !!

6) keep the hair clean ! Oily or hair with a alot of build is always a dead give away !! The hair line always needs to be clean in order for it to be undectable !!

killmeImbald

Reaction score
yeah but couldn't you be spending you time and money on something else....strikes me as a waste of time...i used to get up an hour earlier before work to groom my piece (yeah I had a lace front)....I just bald now...not happy, but bald....

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
killmeImbald said:
yeah but couldn't you be spending you time and money on something else....strikes me as a waste of time...i used to get up an hour earlier before work to groom my piece (yeah I had a lace front)....I just bald now...not happy, but bald....

Personal preference. Some are content with being bald and having a shaved head. Fine for them.

Some spend lots of time on styling and are using drugs and vitamins to keep what they have, and hopefully regrow (me for example). Getting sick of it personally.

Some want the ease of wearing a hairpiece. I have realized that when you first look at someone, yeah you check out their hair, etc. But when you, for example, work with someone for a long time, as long as their hair is looking 85% there, meaning the blending of the piece is pretty good, not perfect, etc... you stop thinking that they have a piece. maybe if i saw them on an 85% there day and that was the first time i was seeing this individual, i'd be thinking yeah, he wears a piece. But, for day to day life, plenty of men out their wear pieces, and if they are paranoid mofos like i would be, i bet, i challenge that they could not tell if I DID IT.

I know i already spend 30 minutes styling my hair now. i'm a hair freak. makes it extra hard that i'm losing it.

anyways, latez.

RogerDoger

Reaction score
I think totally undetectable hair lines are achievable, like the ones in this slide show:

http://www.farrellhair.com/hair-replacement-men.htm

Baldee1973 said:
I' am 31 , I have been wearing a system off and on since i was 21 !

I have been to " Big NAME " places like HCM ,etc,etc..

Like everyone else I have had bad experiences with companies like them !

I have had my head totally shaved and i mean SHAVED !

And i did not have the ideal head to be shaved because it is egg shaped !

Personally it was harder for me going baled at 20+ then at 30+ !!!

So with about 10 years of wearing all kinds of systems on my head

and blowing all kinds of $$$$$$$$$ , i dont wont to add it up or else i might cry !!

I can safely say to the guys who want to wear a system or are planning on getting one,

IF YOU WANT A SYSTEM WITH A NATURAL, UNDECTABLE HAIRLINE YOU HAVE TO WEAR A SYSTEM WITH A LACE FRONT !!

NO IFS AND OR BUTS !! DONT LET ANYONE OR COMPANY TELL YOU OTHERWISE !! IF ANYONE TELLS YOU OTHER WISE YOUR GETTING BS'd
!

I have alot of proof and experience to back this up !!

There are alot of good systems out there that will blow you away !

I have always struggled with hairlines before because i have black hair and I am a white male.

To achieve natural hair lines, a few EXTREMELY important things have to be achieved

1) Lace type - the lace has to bo invisble to the eye

2) Hair density- if the amount of hair is to dense, it will look un natural, you have to be able to see some scalp when parting the hair or when stying the hair ! To much haor in the system will look like a rug !

3) Attachment- use glue not tape, because glue will dry dull and clear
Tape will always look shiny through the lace

Tape around the sides and back is ok !

4) European hair is the best hair to use - it will always stay shiny and look healthy !!

5) Systems shound only last 3 - 4 months !!

The hair can only last so long before it dries out , there is no human follicle to norrish the hair no matter what products you use on it !

Bank on buying 3 - 4 systems a year to keep it real as possible !!

6) keep the hair clean ! Oily or hair with a alot of build is always a dead give away !! The hair line always needs to be clean in order for it to be undectable !!

fuzzywuzzy

Reaction score
Being happy and honest is what matters to me

I am a 57 year old male, and last fall I had quintuple heart bypass surgery and during my three month recovery I had lots of time to think about life and what I wanted from life. I decided to cease being a conforming coprporate spoke in the wheel, and decided to be happy for the rest of my life. That included getting rid of my bald apearance and that is what I did. I have always envied rock stars and band members who could get away with wearing long hair, while I had to keep mine corporately presentable. Well, no more. My standard joke is that I want someone to look at me in a bar or restaurant and wonder whether they once say my face on an album cover thirty years ago. :) (I have been told that, with my long hair, I resemble Meat Loaf.) :)
I have been using a HCMW (Hair Club for Men and Women) hairpiece for several months now and I am completely satisifed with the results. I have a long hair system, down to my shoulders and more. I love it! Yes, I have to spend time on my hair every morning, so what? I love caring for my hair. I love the feel of hair on my head, I love the feel of hair caressing my cheeks and face in the wind. I am happier with my appearance and being able to feel my hair than I have ever been for a very long time.
I do not try to fool people into thinking that I have a natural head of full, long hair. I tell people every chance I get! I am not embarassed - I am proud. Almost all are suprised to learn that it is not my natural hair. I like knowing that I have a good hair system.
A hair piece is conceptually no different from clothes for your body. At least a hair system looks good - or at least mine does.
Insecurity stems from not being honest with yourself and others, from trying to live a lie and fool people. Everyone I know knows that my hair is a hairpiece, - so what?
Should I pretend that my clothes are not clothes but my natural skin? Trying to pretend that your hairpiece is your own natural hair is like that. Why be afraid of the truth, and of telling it?
When you smell good and clean, do you pretend that you always smell that way, or do you admit that you take baths and showers?
When you clothes are pressed and well coordinated, do you pretend that they are always that way or admit that it took some fashion sense, financial expenditure, time and care to get them that way?
Do you pretend that you achieved your business or academic success without any effort on your part, as if it all came naturally without any involvement on your part, that it is all just a part of being you, or do you admit that you worked damned hard to get to where you are today?
Well, I paid a lot of money to get the hair that I have today, and I am downright proud of my decision to do so. Best $3000+ a year that I have ever spent! I could spend two or three times as much on a car and still not be as happy.
Proud and happy (and honest) in Calgary!

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
RIGHT ON FUZZY I completely agree...and for the guy who said you have to get a lace fron, i agree...but i dont think u need to get one every 3-4 months...mines 3 months old and still looks good, if not better because the hair doesnt look "perfect" but natural