Unclever and attractive vs genius and unattractive

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think, is it better to be unclever and physically attractive than being a genius and very unattractive in our society?

I would say the first-mentioned.

Aco_KK

Established Member
Reaction score
Some attractive unclever people will probably get heaps of luck in life, you know what I mean?

Attractive people get more...uh attention towards them.

Who are people more likely to feel sorry for in these circumstances?

A) Pig-ugly man gets murdered/dies.

B) Attractive man gets murdered/dies.

I've witnessed it first hand...peoples reactions differ. I'm not talking about people that know the dead person, I'm talking if its on the news and randoms see it.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
In 9 times out of 10 choice B)

Attractive people get undeserved attention. Even if they`re dumb as f*** or pure idiots.

A very interesting Norweigan program I saw made an experiment to see what power an attractive appearance has on people. Two girls were put on a train station together with two heavy suitcases each. One of them was very ugly and unattractive and the other one a blonde, slim and very cute looking girl. They wanted to see which one of them was getting the quickest and most help from people when they needed to go up from a staircase with those bags.

Neither of them couldnt do it without some help. Instantly the blonde cute girl was offered help and they repeated the process over and over again and found the same results. What about the ugly one? Well, it took over 3 minutes before the first man came and offered help.

Suprised by the results? Im not.

Aco_KK

Established Member
Reaction score
such is life man. we gotta put up with this sh*t.

it's just annoying that some are born with good genes and some arent.

Some are born rich, some are born on the streets.

We gotta use what we got, and milk it for everything it's worth.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
depend on what your goals in life, i think a stupid/unclever + attractive will eventually be much much happier in our society, yet im having hard time choosing because brains is rare these days more then looks even-though dramatically underrated.

btw, i've found that most girls either unclever and attractive, or smart and unattractive... if you are to meet that combination of the two then dont let it get away. :) (basically thats why im alone, im not going to settle when choosing the person to spend the rest of my life, its all or nothing for me, no matter how shallow that sounds coming from a bald man)

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
For a woman, life will be better if you are dumb and attractive.

For men is the complete opposite. If you really started from the bottom and have the ability to use your intelligence in the right way to climb to the top, being attractive can be a serious obstacle for your career, unless you want to be an actor or something, and even Hollywood is full of attractive guys who will probably end up killing themselves when they become old and find they never build a career.

As an ugly dude and, according to some, intelligent man, as I grow older I'm starting to realize it wasn't as bad as I believed.
Sure, I lost all the fun, but I must admit I feel joy at the envy I attract these days when talking about my life with schoolmates from my youth who I was way behind in looks.
I earn more than them, have defined plans for my future that while ambitious are not just fantasies and them are stuck in sales jobs as they just went to university for the ladies, already divorced with a lot of debts and yes, that kind of life has taken a toll in their looks department.

Being dumb, attractive AND rich is another thing

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:agree:

Dumb but attractive females will not have many problems in life because there will always be shallow enough men out there to fall for them.

However, for males, you need to be a lot more than just a buff, attractive looking hunk to succeed in life.

Doesn't matter if you're a prettyboy meathead that all the girls under 25 find irresistable, if you have no career prospects and job security, then ultimately you're just going to end up an average sh*tmuncher with very little wealth & very unattractive to any woman with serious ideas for a future.

Looks are secondary as far as women are concerned.

Aco_KK

Established Member
Reaction score
But if you have BDD and you're unattractive. Your fucked. Look at these guys that come here and consider suicide.

sure i get depressed, but hairloss is compounded with all other bullshit hands I've been dealt with. I don't consider suicide !

Depressed people will get nowhere. Theres a reason why a lot of guys here are unemployed and miserable, yet the people on slybaldguys seem to live life normal.

I'm not saying you need to accept your hairloss, having hair is great but if i lose it all...i'll try everything to keep my chin up.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"Grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference."

Sorry, this one is way overused I know, but it applies perfectly to everyone on this forum, especially the 3rd line.

A lot of guys who accept baldness and move on in life subscribe to this mantra. They maintain that embracing hairloss allows them to concentrate on the things that REALLY matter in life, like their career and future happiness. Definitely something to consider...

Aco_KK

Established Member
Reaction score
more like grant me the remedy to exterminate the enemy
before i commit a felony

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"enemy"= male pattern baldness?
and
"felony" = rape? :dunno:

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Like others have said, there are plenty of males/females who are attractive, yet just don't have the intelligence like others do, yet still get attention based on their looks. I guess you can't blame the general populace since our appearance is what everyone notices first off.

I'd rather be the genius whose unattractive. In any case, I don't need other people's appraisal to feel good/better about myself. That's an awful path to take and I've come across plenty of people like that, and i'd rather not be in their skin.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Just how intelligent are we talking - and just how attractive are we talking?

Personally I think its a tough call. However I think in the long run, one could have a more meaningful life if you were very intelligent. You could excel in something that would have a lasting effect on the world. academia, science.

I wish I was more intelligent, but im not, and thats the way it is. Im interested in sport and drinking beer. Other things as well. But I have no passions in life.
I spend most of my time on the internet. Im becoming a real sad act. what the f*** has happened to me :(

Strangely enough, hairloss doesn't really seem to be a big issue for me. But I have this feeling that its still a factor in my depressed moods, but its gone deeper into the realms of my mind, so I'm not concious of it anymore.

Im just failing at life. I have nothing to wake up for. Im close to finishing this year of university with a sh*t degree..Ive got no motivation or get up and go in me. I feel spent.

Sorry for all this people. I just need some kind of outlet.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:

Personally I think its a tough call. However I think in the long run, one could have a more meaningful life if you were very intelligent. You could excel in something that would have a lasting effect on the world. academia, science.

I wish I was more intelligent, but im not, and thats the way it is. Im interested in sport and drinking beer. Other things as well. But I have no passions in life.
I spend most of my time on the internet. Im becoming a real sad act. what the f*ck has happened to me :(

Strangely enough, hairloss doesn't really seem to be a big issue for me. But I have this feeling that its still a factor in my depressed moods, but its gone deeper into the realms of my mind, so I'm not concious of it anymore.

Im just failing at life. I have nothing to wake up for. Im close to finishing this year of university with a sh*t degree..Ive got no motivation or get up and go in me. I feel spent.

TBH thats pretty normal, everyone grows up with high expectations and hopes for their future, nobody wants to think that they'll end up just another drone in society. But success is pretty rare in life. Thats why people put such value on other more basic thing like scoring with girls and having fun.

I've come to the conclusion though that apart from being the son of a multimillionaire theres no better advantage you could have in life than being blessed with good looks.

Aco_KK

Established Member
Reaction score
sad that post was so depressing.

I think success depends is subjective. Success for one may be having a family and a decent income. Some see it as attaining millions of bucks.

I want to be a lawyer but I also like to rap (LOL), success for me will be living comfortably.

Or f*** this sh*t, i'm selling drugs.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
^^lol that's interesting, law and rap :p
Hope4hairRedux said:
I spend most of my time on the internet. Im becoming a real sad act. what the f*ck has happened to me :(
It's not good to be down on yourself in such a way. If you want to be more intelligent, then do what you can to achieve that, not just accept it as 'the way it is'. Nothing is the way it is unless we make it so.

What degree are you studying? Regardless of what it is, you can still do your best to achieve something, or if not then take a different path/degree. I understand what you mean about having no motivation and 'get up and go'. I use to be like this and still am to a level, but what motivates me at the end of the day is that I really only have one chance at this life, and I'd like to make the most of it. There's that saying 'knowledge is power' and these days we can come by knowledge so easily, which is why it's important to develop ourselves in that aspect.

I've come across professors who are completely bald, and some of them just seem to radiate confidence, because they're so knowledgeable in their field, nobody can tell them otherwise.

But success is pretty rare in life.
Perhaps, but it also seems that a lot of people just give up under pressure and take the easy way out. I'm talking career wise though.

Nene

Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:

Hope4hair, a few months ago you seemed to be feeling much better about life, now your back to your old ways. Obviously hair loss is not your problem, I've told you several times that I think you've got depression issues, and I know this b/c I've had depression myself on and off for years. Maybe you should find a doctor. I'm not a therapist, but the only thing I can tell you is, first of all based on your posts you do seem to be pretty intelligent. Maybe your degree isn't in Math from Cambridge but a degree is still a good thing to have. I've been there before, where you feel like waking up and getting out of bed is a chore. All I can say is you have to try to appreciate life, because it is a miracle. Try to enjoy the simple fact that you are alive, and try to help others. Then maybe you can find more meaning in life.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Gosh, some remarkably depressing threads on the boards at the moment.

Speaking as someone who is fat, ugly and formerly very bald I have never once considered giving up my one asset (intelligence) for looks and vanity.

In all but the most fortunate of people, looks fade where intelligence lasts a life time. Also, being intelligent has given me a terrific career and the disposable income to pay for better looks :)

Seriously though guys, c'mon, get some perspective.

Nene

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Hope4hairRedux said:

TBH thats pretty normal, everyone grows up with high expectations and hopes for their future, nobody wants to think that they'll end up just another drone in society. But success is pretty rare in life. Thats why people put such value on other more basic thing like scoring with girls and having fun.

I've come to the conclusion though that apart from being the son of a multimillionaire theres no better advantage you could have in life than being blessed with good looks.

I hear you saf. I was always an excellent student my whole life, and ended up going to a prestigious University. I was expecting life to have something wonderful in store for me, but I didn't do as well as I could've in college. I graduated and came to realize that I had a pretty shitty job, I was single and my hair was falling out. My life that once seemed so promising now seemed mediocre. I dealt with serious depression for years and only now am coming to terms with it. But I have to disagree that good looks are so important. Of course they are great to have, but looks fade just like anything else. Sure you have a great advantage in your youth, but one we all get old, wrinkled and ugly one day. You say being a millionaire might be better but money isn't as great as you think. Plenty of rich people have serious problems and usually they just get greedier and don't appreciate their wealth. The best thing one can do is learn to love life and appreciate things the way they are. Ugly, handsome, smart, dumb, rich, poor.

Aco_KK

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, i shoudn't have jinxed the dying thing i said.

A guy I know got murdered two days ago. Shot 4 times, only 17 years old. Good looking kid.

One comment was, "hes too fkn adorable to die"...

I wont how many people would say that if he was pig ugly