Unbleacheble Knots On My First System

Georgiy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys)

Recently been trying to find a suitable stock hrs, stumbled across a company that seemed to make decent ones.
I ordered a hair piece from Lordhair, full lace, remy.

Anyway. My system came and I saw the bigest knots, a bit darker then the hair itself .
I contacted the seller and they said on this level of color (7) its no use bleaching knots,
noone's gonna notice them. And also they don't do it cause it would destroy knots and shorten the lifespan of the system.

I took it upon myself to fix it. but to my surprise only half of knots got bleached.

So,my questions
- 1 is it realy so damaging to bleach prosessed hair twice,
2 are there any sellers out there who do stock systems with REAL good bleached knots?
3 Or mayby I should by the lightest blond shade system and dye it dark, avoiding the knots ?

Sorry for a long text, will greatly appreciate any ideas)

Attachments

• IMG_20191006_191536.jpg
    IMG_20191006_191536.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 263
  • half bleached.jpg
    half bleached.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Georgiy

There is no rule that you can't name suppliers on the board. It's just that some of us who are here a lot (including me) choose not to, mainly to avoid looking like we are promoting particular suppliers.

It is true that bleaching the knots weakens them and increases the likelihood of shedding, and the more you do it the more you increase that likelihood. But equally you do need the knots to be imperceptible in order for the hair system to look like real hair, so there is a balance to be struck. Invisible knots are of course more important at the hairline and the crown swirl and parting (if you have them). Generally with light coloured hair it is not a problem - it is easy to get well-bleached invisible knotting and still have a system that doesn't shed to an excessive extent.

I would say the second of your two pictures (labelled "half bleached") is fine, at least for the main part of the system. Once it is attached the knots will be pretty much visible. The first picture was not OK, so your supplier is being a bit too blasé about the issue.

With that colour of hair you shouldn't need to go to the lengths of buying one colour and dying it darker. That is really only necessary for people with very dark hair.

I will PM you some ideas about alternative suppliers.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some companies only bleach the knots at the hairline, and that is considered sufficient.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello

1- I assume bleached knot weakens the hair

2- STOCK system. The supplier I use has stock pieces, with bleached knot ( only 1 inch at front) I see however they offer a bleach knot service for 15$. if you have a style ( side parting) which requires bleached knot elsewhere, you could inquire.
https://www.superhairpieces.com/bleached-hairline/

I have no affiliation with this company, but like them as they have a wharehouse in Canada, so i do not pay custom fees, and delivery is quick and cheap ($15), Furthermore, no exchange rates as in Canadian money. Supplier choice is based on numerous factors and final all incl price.

3- I wouldn't dye a blonde system to a dark color as the color would result in one even color which doesn't look natural

which country are you in ? that may also be a factor in choosing a supplier[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lordhair, while popular, definitely has QC issues as well as horrible customer service.

I've never had issues w the bleaching on my Lord Pieces. Every unit has been fine in that regard.

The quality of the hair has been all over the place. Issues with unusual amounts of tangling occured on two units, while another piece lost half of its color after the first shampoo.

Georgiy

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello

1- I assume bleached knot weakens the hair

2- STOCK system. The supplier I use has stock pieces, with bleached knot ( only 1 inch at front) I see however they offer a bleach knot service for 15$. if you have a style ( side parting) which requires bleached knot elsewhere, you could inquire.
https://www.superhairpieces.com/bleached-hairline/

I have no affiliation with this company, but like them as they have a wharehouse in Canada, so i do not pay custom fees, and delivery is quick and cheap ($15), Furthermore, no exchange rates as in Canadian money. Supplier choice is based on numerous factors and final all incl price.

3- I wouldn't dye a blonde system to a dark color as the color would result in one even color which doesn't look natural

which country are you in ? that may also be a factor in choosing a supplier
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Hello,AxC123
Thanks a lot for your piece of advice, and the info about your supplier. Although , as you've mentioned - the country that I live in (Russia) is a big factor in choosing a company.

Last edited:

Georgiy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lordhair, while popular, definitely has QC issues as well as horrible customer service.

I've never had issues w the bleaching on my Lord Pieces. Every unit has been fine in that regard.

The quality of the hair has been all over the place. Issues with unusual amounts of tangling occured on two units, while another piece lost half of its color after the first shampoo.

Such a shame lordhair is a lottery, they ship fast and free to my country.

Since you are ( or was) a LH customer - may I ask - did you notice any significent difference between remy and usual human hair pieces?

Last edited: