Unable to stop shedding - Had success story, but now it looks like it's unsuccesful

RecedingAt19

Reaction score
I started my treatment around September 16th, 2011, so I was on Finasteride and Minoxidil until this very day. About 3 months of treatment, I managed to save to my hair and make it thick again, I lost the thinning I had on my crown completely, in other words I had nice full thick hair and I slightly fixed my receding hairline.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/56278-Fighting_Bad_Gene-s-story Here is my story if anyone is interested.

But roughly around 6 months of continued treatment, I began shedding like crazy until this very day. And I also noticed today that my crown is thinning again. For example, when I'm in the shower and scrubbing my hair, I would lose roughly around 50 strands of hair, and then when I apply Rogaine, I would lose around the same amount. This has been going until this very day, after 6 months of successful treatment, I believe things are going down hill.

Has anyone experience a shedding phase lasting this long? I'm thinking of just giving up with the treatment and just biting the bullet....

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Yes I do, don't know if this is the finasteride or minoxidil

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
your shed is probably from the minoxidil. stop counting hairs and stressing. Im sure it'll turn round again. good luck