Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Caffeine Shampoo, Caffeine Serum, and Caffeine Conditioner

rb991

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been on Minoxidil 2X a day for about 7 months now. I have been pleased with how it has halted my hair loss, as well as regrowing some new hairs. My barber even noticed, and told me "my hair seems to be getting thicker". I decided to try Hair Surge shampoo, conditioner, and serum (all caffeine based products). I used the products for less than a week and noticed my shedding almost immediately increased.

I know many treatments (such as when I started Rogaine), cause initial shedding. However, I wasn't expecting this from these types of products. I highly regret ever starting, which I only did because of the Amazon reviews. I was very happy with my regrowth and stabilization of hair loss, and now have gone from only losing several hairs when shampooing and applying Rogaine- to handfuls in the shower drain and in my hand when I apply the Rogaine.

I have been off all of the Ultrax labs for several days now. I suppose it's possible I was allergic to one of the ingredients, but in any case I am curious when any of the seasoned hair loss experts on here could expect the shedding/rapid loss to cease? I am furious with myself and can see the 7+ months of hard work using Rogaine going down the drain, literally.

Any advice, insight, and help is greatly appreciated...I don't know what to do.

Thanks

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ketoconazole and Minoxidil are great medications to use to treat Androgenetic Alopecia. However, if you're not on a 5-AR inhibitor such as Dutasteride or Finasteride, you're definitely going to continue to lose hair.

Out of all the caffeine items that you're using, the only that will actually do something to treat Androgenetic Alopecia is the Ketoconazole in Hair Surge Shampoo. The Minoxidil in Rogaine is to stimulate hair growth, so that's helpful of course.

The only thing that I can conclude to on why you're losing handfuls of hair in the shower and when you apply Rogaine is most likely due that you're Androgenetic Alopecia is getting stronger, especially if you're not on a 5-AR inhibitor such as Dutasteride or Finasteride, which I previously stated.

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always warn people about Ultrax Lab products. What you experienced is absolutely normal. I used the conditioner twice before realizing something is definitely wrong. If you bought it from Amazon, you can request a refund for false advertising. Their products ratings are very high because they create fake accounts to review their own products. Most five star ratings accounts have two products that they reviewed, which is the shampoo and the conditioner. Scams everywhere... Please be cautious.

There isn't anything you can do to recover what was lost from the shampoo. Go back to the shampoo you were using before and be consistent with minoxidil. Good luck.

rb991

Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. I am very appreciative of the additional insight during this difficult and depressing time where I am seeing all of my Rogaine gains and stabilization being lost.

Is there any estimate on when the shedding will settle down, or anything in addition I should try to combat the increased shedding (other than Propecia)? I also should note I am in about my third week of quitting smoking marijuana cold turkey. I was a regular smoker (several times a day, if not more on weekends). Is it possible that my quitting smoking has been a shock to my testosterone and hair, and if so when should I see that stabilize?

Thanks again so much for the help and opinions!

Regards,

RB991

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. I am very appreciative of the additional insight during this difficult and depressing time where I am seeing all of my Rogaine gains and stabilization being lost.

Is there any estimate on when the shedding will settle down, or anything in addition I should try to combat the increased shedding (other than Propecia)? I also should note I am in about my third week of quitting smoking marijuana cold turkey. I was a regular smoker (several times a day, if not more on weekends). Is it possible that my quitting smoking has been a shock to my testosterone and hair, and if so when should I see that stabilize?

Thanks again so much for the help and opinions!

Regards,

RB991

Shedding never stops, it's normal to have some shedding. As long as miniaturization of the hair follicles do not continue, your hair will be fine. Even those with no Androgenetic Alopecia lose on average 50-100 hairs a day. Also, testosterone isn't what effects your hair, it's dihydrotestosterone. Testosterone itself won't effect your hair in any way, unless your hair follicles have an extreme sensitivity to androgens.

You'll need to get on a 5-AR inhibitor if your serious about stopping your hair loss, such as Dutasteride or Finasteride, I mentioned those two medications on my previous post.

The effects of Cannabis on testosterone seem to be unclear, though I wouldn't worry about it. Continuing or quitting the use of Cannabis shouldn't have any affect to hair.

rb991

Reaction score
Shedding never stops, it's normal to have some shedding. As long as miniaturization of the hair follicles do not continue, your hair will be fine. Even those with no Androgenetic Alopecia lose on average 50-100 hairs a day. Also, testosterone isn't what effects your hair, it's dihydrotestosterone. Testosterone itself won't effect your hair in any way, unless your hair follicles have an extreme sensitivity to androgens.

You'll need to get on a 5-AR inhibitor if your serious about stopping your hair loss, such as Dutasteride or Finasteride, I mentioned those two medications on my previous post.

The effects of Cannabis on testosterone seem to be unclear, though I wouldn't worry about it. Continuing or quitting the use of Cannabis shouldn't have any affect to hair.

I just don't get the sudden onset of the shedding Agustin. I will tell you though, if I was shedding 100 hairs a day though, I would probably be completely bald in about two weeks. More so than being concerned about the marijuana quitting affecting my hair loss, I am extremely worried that the Ultrax Hair Labs Serum, Conditioner, and Shampoo may have seriously damaged all of my hair. I am noticing long hairs, short hairs, darker hairs, both thick and thin hairs, all falling out. Do you think this is possible? And if so, is all of the hair eventually going to fall out, and regrow? I know nothing can be said for certain, but is this what you would expect? It seems you may know more about the Ultrax Labs products than me.

Amazon has refunded me and launched a full quality investigation into the product's safety, as well as advertising on their site. I am hoping these scumbags get what they deserve. When I think back now, I realize that the shedding did increase the first few days I used the shampoo. So, I can be pretty certain this has nothing to do with the marijuana quitting, and I can also almost CERTAINLY pinpoint that it is not a coincidence this all started EXACTLY when I started their shady regimen......

Now, the only question is how long will I have to live with the consequences of using their toxic products, and what can I do to help slow/reverse/repair the damage caused by their regimen? Any advice is greatly appreciated....I really can't afford to keep losing hairs at this rate :( I am willing to buy pretty much anything that will have a chance to reverse and repair any damage caused by these stupid products and slow the shedding that is almost positively caused by them

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks again for your last response Agustin, I am very appreciative of your time and insight

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just don't get the sudden onset of the shedding Agustin. I will tell you though, if I was shedding 100 hairs a day though, I would probably be completely bald in about two weeks. More so than being concerned about the marijuana quitting affecting my hair loss, I am extremely worried that the Ultrax Hair Labs Serum, Conditioner, and Shampoo may have seriously damaged all of my hair. I am noticing long hairs, short hairs, darker hairs, both thick and thin hairs, all falling out. Do you think this is possible? And if so, is all of the hair eventually going to fall out, and regrow? I know nothing can be said for certain, but is this what you would expect? It seems you may know more about the Ultrax Labs products than me.

Amazon has refunded me and launched a full quality investigation into the product's safety, as well as advertising on their site. I am hoping these scumbags get what they deserve. When I think back now, I realize that the shedding did increase the first few days I used the shampoo. So, I can be pretty certain this has nothing to do with the marijuana quitting, and I can also almost CERTAINLY pinpoint that it is not a coincidence this all started EXACTLY when I started their shady regimen......

Now, the only question is how long will I have to live with the consequences of using their toxic products, and what can I do to help slow/reverse/repair the damage caused by their regimen? Any advice is greatly appreciated....I really can't afford to keep losing hairs at this rate :( I am willing to buy pretty much anything that will have a chance to reverse and repair any damage caused by these stupid products and slow the shedding that is almost positively caused by them

About the shedding, the average is 50-100 hairs a day, even for those with no Androgenetic Alopecia. As I stated, it's the average. Before my male pattern baldness ever started, I've always had shedding hair. Then when my male pattern baldness kicked in, I was shedding a lot more hair than usual with the hair on top of my head getting thinner. Of course, everyone's hair is different. For you, shedding 50 hairs a day may be too much while for me it's normal. The Ultrax Labs Products don't having anything in them that can worsen your Androgenetic Alopecia. The different hairs that keep falling out are most likely definitely cause by Scalp DHT miniaturizing your hair follicles.

You should not having any long term consequences using Ultrax Labs products. If you're completely serious about treating your Androgenetic Alopecia, I suggest to do the following:

+Continue using Minoxidil twice daily and be consistent with it. Using Rogaine and/or any generic Minoxidil is perfectly fine. Apply the Minoxidil all over on the top of your scalp, not only on the vertex.
+Use a good premium Ketoconazole shampoo. The one that I recommend is Regenepure DR, and is 1% Ketoconazole. The base ingredients are water and aloe vera gel, so it's extremely soothing to the hair and scalp. It's currently the only Ketoconazole shampoo out there that's fit for daily use.
+Get on a 5-AR inhibitor such as Dutasteride or Finasteride. Getting either on one of these will stop the cause of Androgenetic Alopecia, which is DHT. You'll still continue to lose hair if you don't tackle what's causing the miniaturization of the hair follicles.

Other than that, these are the best treatments that are currently available.

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
I used the shampoo and tonic by ultrax labs and I honestly think it is just a scam company making false claims.

skip2mylou

Reaction score
The shedding is perfectly normal, I would continue using it, don't let it scare you.

Thing is with these hairloss shampoos. They have completely different ingredients from your regular shampoo. Therefore the PH is different in the hair surge shampoo you bought. When you bring a new PH of shampoo into your scalp. My doctor said that the sudden change of PH is what causes your hair to freak out and shed. So yea I wouldn't worry about it, keep using it, I know that shampoo is expensive.

Jasond1991

Reaction score
Ultra Labs Hair Surge

I used the shampoo and tonic by ultrax labs and I honestly think it is just a scam company making false claims.

My wife and I started using Ultra Labs Hair Surge 3 months ago. While my wife found no benefit from it, nor any harm, I have experienced new hair growth and have stopped loosing hair. I was never a believer in these type of products but this one made me a believer. Obviously since it did not work for my wife it will not work for everyone but I have had great success with it.

Thanks

Angela Tang

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Oh wow, I am searching for a nrw shampoo and am looking at anti hair loss ones. Ultrax was one of the recommended ones that came up.

I was looking at Phytoworx (which is super expensive), Pura'dor and Ultrax. I also saw Shapiro MD DHT blocker, Lipogaine, Procerin, Viviscal....and Bosley. Quite a mouthful. Makes my head swim trying to decide on which one. Since there are more negative feedback about Ultrax, I will exclude from my considerations.

On the websites, Phytoworx and Shapiro have been....touted as Champions, and Pura'dor comes next depending on the site. But at least Pura'dor is still affordable and reduce money wastage if not too suitable for me. Phytoworx coats $100+ *horror*
:oops:

I am considering to purchase Pura'dor since it is touted as organic and contains DHT blocker.

These are the ingredients in Pura'dor hairloss prevention therapy shampoo:
DECOLORIZED ALOE BARBADENSIS (ALOE VERA) LEAF JUICE*, SODIUM LAURYLGLUCOSIDES, HYDROXYPROPYL BIS-HYDROXYETHYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE, COCAMIDOPROPYL HYDROXYSULTAINE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, SODIUM COCOAMPHOACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-80, COCAMIDE MIPA, MELALEUCA ALTERNIFOLIA (TEA TREE) LEAF OIL*, ARGANIA SPINOSA (ARGAN) KERNEL OIL*, BIOTIN, NIGELLA SATIVA (BLACK CUMIN) SEED OIL*, PHYLLANTHUS EMBLICA (AMLA) FRUIT OIL, URTICA DIOICA (NETTLE) LEAF EXTRACT, SERENOA SERRULATA (SAW PALMETTO) FRUIT EXTRACT, CEDRUS ATLANTICA (CEDARWOOD) BARK OIL*, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF OIL*, SALVIA SCLAREA (CLARY) OIL, POLYGONUM MULTIFLORUM (HE SHOU WU) ROOT EXTRACT, CITRUS LIMON (LEMON) PEEL OIL*, HIBISCUS SABDARIFFA (HIBISCUS) FLOWER EXTRACT, NIACIN, ZINC PYRITHIONE, TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), SOY ISOFLAVONES, BETA-SITOSTEROL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS (GREEN TEA) LEAF EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, CITRIC ACID.

Can anyone advise whether these ingredients are good and effective in reducing hairloss/shedding?
(Also, I have a sensitive scalp that itches if I come into contact with an 'unsuitable' shampoo.)

Thank you!

P. S. BTW I am taking Viviscal oral supplements and they really seem to work at growing hair. I wouldn't say 100%, but really good enough results. For anyone who is interested to try.

Last edited: