Ultrasound to lyse the platelets and deliver pure growth factors

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a message from Dr. Cole about a new study
"The next study we are beginning will be the use of Ultrasound to lyse the platelets and deliver pure growth factors without any other cellular elements. We have already noted that Ultrasound for 15 minutes produces a higher concentration of platelet derived growth factor AB (PDGF-AB) than is produced by the addition of thrombin and even a higher concentration of PDGF-AB than activation of platelets with calcium gluconate. This is very interesting because pure growth factors will not deliver any unwanted cells such as granulocytes and red blood cells, which can induce an oxidative stress as they degrade. We determine the concentration of PGDF-AB with ELISA.
We will be interested in enrolling patients in this new and exciting study using sound energy to lyse the platelets followed by centrifugation to remove cellular debris."

Any one have any thoughts about this?
I found a patent US 20110230793 A1 so it seem to have some merit in the idea

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I honestly know nothing about this ultrasound technique.
I had ACELL and PRP with cole 1.5 months ago. IMO it's making a difference and I'll get it done 11-12 months from now. Sadly this is the best chance we got till another product comes around in 2-3 years. Cheapest I've seen adipose injections is $6k