UK propecia users

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi - no doubt this has been asked before but I dont fancy trawling the stacks of propecia posts - Where do you fellow UK folks purchase propecia online (I mean propecia not proscar or generics)

I saw a website warning about counterfeit propecia on a site called http://www.propeciainfo.co.uk/ so any advice you have to offer would be useful -obviously from those who are buying without a prescription from their GP I mean.

mogadon

Established Member
Reaction score
well to be honest i dont think many use propecia from merk, its like throwing money away, why on earth would anyone wanna do that, when you can get generic proscar that lasts 5 times as long, which is excactly the same drug, unless of course people like giving their hard earned money to unscrupulous greedy drug companies, doesnt answer your question but as i say most if not all use generic proscar,or at the very least generic propecia (finpecia)

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
mogadon said:
well to be honest i dont think many use propecia from merk, its like throwing money away, why on earth would anyone wanna do that, when you can get generic proscar that lasts 5 times as long, which is excactly the same drug, unless of course people like giving their hard earned money to unscrupulous greedy drug companies, doesnt answer your question but as i say most if not all use generic proscar,or at the very least generic propecia (finpecia)

Haha, I think most people actually use proscar and quarter it. Although yeah personally I use generics quite a few people do, but I think most people use proscar.

Britannia

Reaction score
I use http://www.ukmedix.com
Superb - free delivery (next day) and top notch customer service. And the Propecia is from a UK based pharmacy.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
I use http://www.ukmedix.com
Superb - free delivery (next day) and top notch customer service. And the Propecia is from a UK based pharmacy.

Pretty expensive, boots charge around £28 for a months supply of propecia which is still quite a lot. But even if you buy a 12month supply its still gonna cost you £41 off there.

Britannia

Reaction score
True, but remember they offer free delivery and they dont ask for a prescription. And most other online pharmacies (including UK based) ship from abroad meaning problems with customs (and charges too!)

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
True, but remember they offer free delivery and they dont ask for a prescription. And most other online pharmacies (including UK based) ship from abroad meaning problems with customs (and charges too!)

Haha free delivery, inhouse offer free delievery and I can't say i've ever had a problem with customs although it could be because my orders are never over £20. Although I don't blame you if I could afford there prices I would probably use that site.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info brit - if Im going to use finasteride (which I am considering if I drop rev) then I'd prefer to use propecia because a) I know im getting the exactly the same drug that was used in the trials as opposed to a generic from india and b) quarter proscar is .25mg more per dose which would theoretically increase chances of sides and the idea of cutting into 5ths seems a bit more hassle then its worth - £500 quid per year for the "real deal" seems pretty ok to me

Britannia

Reaction score
If your looking for real Propecia in the UK and youve got £500, UK Medix is where you wanna be looking.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
ah plop I went to ukmedix - the minimum you can order is 3 months - I wanted to try 1 months worth in case I get sides

Milks

Reaction score
http://www.qhi.co.uk/ do a good price on proscar, they're relaiable and trustworthy if not a little slow (takes about 3 weeks to arrive)

I know you mentioned you didn't want to use proscar, and you only wanted to buy 1 months supply but not many people suffer from serious side effects and any side effects a person experiences usually subside after around 4 months.

In short if you're completely new to finasteride, I personally think you should be planning to commit to it for a min of 4 months to give it a fair trail. And I can't imagine that taking 1mg a day will really be much different than taking 1.25mg a day.

I know the potential side effects are off-putting, on one hand this forum is great for getting advice but equally its also good at encouraging paranioa. By all means know what you're getting yourself into, but in my opinion you've just got to go for it, after all, you've got to be in it to win it

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks milks your level headed advice is much appreciated on a board that seems filled with scarey stories - I have to say its taken me a year to get to this point where I am comfortable about trying finasteride - cheers.