UK people on Finasteride

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Where do you buy yours from? The only places I can see online to buy in the UK are asking for prescriptions, and buying from abroad is going to take 3 weeks and i don't want to wait that long.

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score
get mine from Boots,,,
go in have a 10 min talk to the Pharm and then £30.00 per month

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Even Boots £30 a month seems a little pricey compared to what everyone else on here pays! Do you get any other benefits on their programme? What strength finasteride do they give you?

Belmondo, that website is VERY expensive! lol

Reaction score
Do all boots store pharmacies offer this?

My GP seemed to not know about propecia, so I ordered from llyods pharmacy online

£60 for a one month supply of propecia, if you buy 6 months you can get it to £45 per month

I'd MUCH rather be paying 30 :p

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score
Boots is expensive compared to generic finasteride , but this way i am 100% assured that its the real deal, and £30 is not that bad,

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Legit prescription from your GP for 5mg Finasteride.

£4 for 28 pills, that's 4 months worth at 1.25mg daily. £1 per month if you suck at maths.

No typos.

andy_mac

Reaction score
I get the generic Fincar from unitedpharmacies.co.uk. Been using them for a year now with no problems.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
My Doctor won't give me a prescription. I've booked to see the Boots pharmacist on monday anyway. I'll mull over it until and for a few days after then.

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score
Boots give you 1mg |Band named Merck Propecia tablets £90 for 3 months
if you have a boots plus points card you can get some points on the card and buy minoxidil or something with it

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
mashang said:
Boots give you 1mg |Band named Merck Propecia tablets £90 for 3 months
if you have a boots plus points card you can get some points on the card and buy minoxidil or something with it

thanks mate, that's what i was waiting to hear :)

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Or, skip the appointment and the overpriced (compared to 5mg tabs) finasteride and go here.

http://www.4rx.com/online-pharmacy/cate ... pecia.html

I've been taking Finasteride from them for the last 3 years. My hair loss went from 200 hairs a day to about 25, so I know it wasn't just a sugar pill or something like that. They have online support for questions, and they told me this: "We have more than one supplier for the same medication and we ship out according to the availability of the stock. We carry generic Propecia manufactured by GenPharma, Sunrise, Cipla and Intas Lab Pvt." They have a price-match guarantee as well, so you really can't get a lower price anywhere.

2 money saving tips if you go there...
1: Let's say you want 90 caps. Add the 30 caps to your cart instead. It will take you to a checkout page, but it will also give you a chance to upgrade your order to 90 pills for $7 cheaper. Same goes for if you want to get 360, add 180 to your cart first
(this only works for the 1mg pills, not the 5mg)

2: Use the promo code Q52EM37T during checkout for another 10% off. That's my promo code that I got for being a return customer, so feel free to use it :)
(this works for anything you buy there)

Here's my story, so you know that I'm trying to sell you on the product...not the website :)
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65594

(I started at .5mg and 3 years later upped it to 1.25mg recently)

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rawtashk, that is definitely some thick hair you have there! Is it normal to not see results on the hairline from 0.5mg? That's what i wanted to start off on (well, it was 0.25 originally)

I think i'm gonna give the Boots thing a go though for at least the first 2 months as they will examine my hair and I get a pro examination under the microscope, but i think eventually I'll head onto the Cipla Finpecia as I've seen and heard a lot of people with good results from that.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
I just had my appointment at Boots. She's getting the paperwork ready for me for tomorrow but I feel like wanting to ring up and say i've changed my mind. I'd rather go for the Cipla Finpecia off Inhouse Pharmacies as i'd be paying just over a tenner a month rather than £30 with Boots. The only bonus i get with Boots is the monthly checkup and it seemed like i knew more than the pharmacist!

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Done! Boots Finasteride order cancelled. Finpecia off Inhouse Pharmacy ordered! :)