UK England - Cut in

Incursio

Reaction score
I'm forward planning and I'm looking for a place in England around the Manchester region to get my hair system cut in, I'm not keen on a 3 hours drive to London as I may be relying on this place for at least 3 months until I gain independence. I will ask my supplier as he did mention he had some places later to the time.

Bit of background:
Hair system = Black Topper - Swiss with poly perimeter - transparent base
Density 100% except front which is 90%

I've always used a barbershop albeit it has been a year as I've been cutting my own hair or lack of. I've never had the luxury to go to a salon/stylist either. I ideally want to visit a stylist though as I'm still unsure on what hairstyle I should go for but I'm not fussed about showing my front hair-line as nearly all my friends don't so I don't feel I should either :).

Here's some open/closed questions for formality sake:

1 - What should I be looking for when choosing a salon/stylist i.e. Maybe a BTEC in hairdressing ?
2 - Will a mobile hair stylist be able to 'cut it?'
3 - Should I attach it myself before I go?
4 - Should I just travel to London?

That's all folks.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1 & 2 - its key to have someone experienced in cutting something similar be it a wig, toupee etc. Most barbers and stylists without this experience will be daunted by a mop on your hair on the day of cut in. The others will be under pressure, worried to ruin it.

That's all you need really even if that means travelling to them as the cut in, will make or break it - thats how important it is.

An experienced stylist will prepare and attach for you.

It will be interesting to see what your supplier comes up with as its not easy to find good ones.

Incursio

Reaction score
Thanks you for your feedback Grincher. I also received some excellent information from Noah. So it looks like I'm all set.