UK based people, where do u buy your products from?

latecomer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm based in the uk and im wondering where others like me buy their products from? any good shops or online stores you can recommened? Maybe there should be a section on this site which would make it easier for new comers to find products? or am i blind and have completely missed the section if it exists!!

G

QHI.co.uk for cheap proscar/finasteride

Nizoral from down the local chemist/health food shop

Rogaine from the local chemist (rip off)

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
The best place to buy generic minoxidl is to have it imported from the US from the following site http://www.discountminoxidil.com

Its very cheap, 4 months supply would set you back about the equivelant of £25 inclusive of delivery. It usually arrives within 10-14 days.

foo2

Reaction score
everyone's got an opinion, i just went to my local trichologist who perscribed it and had 1 year's worth of propecia for me 3 days later.

Nizoral is available at Boots, the most common chemist in the UK, so that's dead easy, they also do their own 1% Ketoconzole Shampoo which is cheaper.

Rogaine is at Boots too, but i don't use that stuff (yet) :)

G

foo2 said:
everyone's got an opinion, i just went to my local trichologist who perscribed it and had 1 year's worth of propecia for me 3 days later.

Nizoral is available at Boots, the most common chemist in the UK, so that's dead easy, they also do their own 1% Ketoconzole Shampoo which is cheaper.

Rogaine is at Boots too, but i don't use that stuff (yet) :)

how much did your years worth of propecia cost?

what is the name of 'Boots' own brand 1% ketoconazole shampoo?

and how much does it cost.

thanks for sharing your information with us.

Ty

foo2

Reaction score
hey there Tynan.

My propecia was £440 for a year's supply, i'm not sure if this is good or bad, but i wanted the discussion with a hairloss doctor, which was included, so i was aware of the limitations etc, i also liked the fact the Doctor uses Propecia himself and had his own before and after pics.

Boot's own 1% Ketoconzole shampoo was sold RIGHT next to the Nizoral, and was about £2 cheaper....it's stopped my itching, it's simply called "Boots Dandruff Shampoo" sold in 100ml bottle, but also on the front it says

Ketoconazole 1% w/w

this is a link to it on their web site

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1026300

hope this all helps :)

G

foo2 said:
hey there Tynan.

My propecia was £440 for a year's supply, i'm not sure if this is good or bad, but i wanted the discussion with a hairloss doctor, which was included, so i was aware of the limitations etc, i also liked the fact the Doctor uses Propecia himself and had his own before and after pics.

Boot's own 1% Ketoconzole shampoo was sold RIGHT next to the Nizoral, and was about £2 cheaper....it's stopped my itching, it's simply called "Boots Dandruff Shampoo" sold in 100ml bottle, but also on the front it says

Ketoconazole 1% w/w

this is a link to it on their web site

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1026300

hope this all helps :)

A years worth of Merck manufactured/branded Finasteride can cost you as little as £75, that chat with Dr Hair cost you 362 squid !! If you ever feel like talking again I will give you my mobile number along with my bank details, I could do with the cash.

cheers for the Boots link, I might try some of this stuff, see if it drys my hair out any less than the evil Nizoral.

Cheers

Ty

foo2

Reaction score
i realise that you can get finasteride for less if you buy proscar, but i actually quite like the fact that my propecia is laid out in days of the week, i'd forget if i'd actually taken the stuff otherwise :)

but a year for £75 is too good to ignore, besides i need an Ipod, switching will gimme enough for one :)

so do you get 3 months of proscar for £75 then chop it into 4?

G

no, I get 28 proscar pills for £30 and chop them into 5ths, this lasts nearly five months (140 days/doses)

here are my drug dealers :freaked: http://www.qhi.co.uk

foo2

Reaction score
cheers, that should save me money, once i've got through my current supplies, but they'll last til April '05 i think :) lemme know how the boots shampoo compares to Nizoral, as i've only ever used the Boots one.

i see you can also get Dutasteride in 500 microgram tablets from your dealers...interesting...although what's the recommended daily dose for them?

Cassin

Reaction score
This must be extremely frustrating for you UK guys finding products. I have seen several Survey's posted here that no one cares more about there hairloss in the world than UK guys. Yet they do the least about it. Why is it so hard to get products in the UK? I understand you guys don't have 24 hour grocery stores every 10 miles like we do, but it still seems like an extreme lack of available products.

foo2

Reaction score
well some products are here, like Minoxidil, Propecia and nizoral, it's just the other ones are no-where to be seen.

That's why the internet is so helpful :)

foo2

Reaction score
2% stuff

Ty or some other UK resisdent, where can i find 2% Ketoconazole shampoo OTC?

the 1% is everywhere, not found the 2% yet

wils

Established Member
Reaction score
I got 2% from sainsburies

SO UK GUYS ARE WE ALL HAPPY WITH RESULTS SO FAR???

FEEDBACK

:roll:

G

AKA that is one bad shed you have there.

Nizoral 2% is everywhere, go down to a big chemist or food shop.

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
This must be extremely frustrating for you UK guys finding products. I have seen several Survey's posted here that no one cares more about there hairloss in the world than UK guys. Yet they do the least about it. Why is it so hard to get products in the UK? I understand you guys don't have 24 hour grocery stores every 10 miles like we do, but it still seems like an extreme lack of available products.

Cassin

the problem is not so much finding the products here as finding the money for it

rogaine costs £30 pounds a month( 55 US)

and finasteride around £400 a month( 737US)

if it wasnt for the net and cheap web sites in the US, i would be bald or broke

its cheap to have a coke habit then a finasteride one