types of minoxidil.

trips

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im from australia and have afew questions to clear up. Im currently with a hair clinic here (dont flame as i know they are bad- realised this now) and finish treatment in a month. They are trying to sell me all types of bullshit including a years supply of minoxidil and proscar for ($1850AU). I know you can buy 5%- 3 month supply for $150 at any store however there minoxidil 7% contains Retin A (retin acid?) which helps transfers the minoxidil to the scalp.

How much of a difference does this make and is it avaliable combined off the shelf? more importantly is it around in australia and where can i find it.

any help would be great.
Thanks,
Trips.

beaner

Reaction score
trips said:
Hey guys,

Im from australia and have afew questions to clear up. Im currently with a hair clinic here (dont flame as i know they are bad- realised this now) and finish treatment in a month. They are trying to sell me all types of bullshit including a years supply of minoxidil and proscar for ($1850AU). I know you can buy 5%- 3 month supply for $150 at any store however there minoxidil 7% contains Retin A (retin acid?) which helps transfers the minoxidil to the scalp.

How much of a difference does this make and is it avaliable combined off the shelf? more importantly is it around in australia and where can i find it.

any help would be great.
Thanks,
Trips.

It's unlikely that the additional 7% minoxidil that they are trying to sell you is any more effective than the 5% store bought kind.....by the way, what store sells it for $150 for 3months? You can get it via the internet for probably about $20 (US) for 3 months. Anyway, I'll assume you're referring to Ashely and Martin, there's been several threads regarding that outfit. Definitely a big scam in my opinion. You can purchase 5% minoxidil with retin-A for $21.65 (US) from Dr Lee at minoxidil.com. There have been studies done showing the effectiveness of minoxidil is increased with the application of retin-A, although I can't speak from experience.

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.epharmacy.com.au sells generic type 5% minoxidil liquid $90 for 4 months, if u lucky u can get a bonus deal pack with and extra month supply for free. They also sell Propecia for $60 per 28 tablets.

So lets see... that will be around $1050 for a whole year supply.

Though I think next time Im shopping overseas for my minoxidil, perhaps foam.