Two Weeks On 0.06 Mg Finesteride But Still Have Side Effects

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
I used finesteride in the past. It worked great for my hair loss condition but I got all the nasty side effects : erectile dysfunction, watery semen, gyno and loss of libido. Just typing this now makes me feel so stupid for trying it again now.
I stopped it for the past five years. And now I am back to trying it again, but this time I am using a very small dose. Just 0.06 mg (dissolving 5 mg Proscar in 50 mL vodka and taking 0.6 mL by dropper daily).
Any way, two weeks on such low dose and I can feel the side effects kicking in again. The feeling of my limp penis is a really bad to have. Like it does not belong to me. I hate it. The good news is that reducing the dose actually reduced the side effects : I can still get semi solid erections if I am stimulated enough. I am afraid, though, that it will just get worse from now
I have one of three possibilities ;
1. Continue using 0.06 mL for some more period (how long?) to see whether it will be fixed.
2. Reduce the dose further (how much?)
3. Or Maybe investigate a companion drug that will fix my side effects (maybe a hormone affecting drug or simply a PDE5 inhibitor). Any suggestions?

Sorry for the long rant but I think this will be my last attempt before giving up hope completely.

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
think you might be boned strictly due to the placebo effect.

ed and libido can be very heavily influenced by your mind. If you're worried or preoccupied with the thoughts there might be problems there most definitely will be problems.

Seems like such a small dose and i'd love to see how you progress on it, you just need to not think about it for awhile, if possible. Take your daily dose and bury yourself in work, home, family or something so you cant think about it for a few weeks. That small of a dose this soon into using it seems almost impossible to be causing effects

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
think you might be boned strictly due to the placebo effect.

ed and libido can be very heavily influenced by your mind. If you're worried or preoccupied with the thoughts there might be problems there most definitely will be problems.

Seems like such a small dose and i'd love to see how you progress on it, you just need to not think about it for awhile, if possible. Take your daily dose and bury yourself in work, home, family or something so you cant think about it for a few weeks. That small of a dose this soon into using it seems almost impossible to be causing effects

No, propecia's dose-response curve is nearly flat.

At 0.06 mg/day, he has over 60% inhibition of DHT in both the skin and the blood.

Ashkan63

Reaction score
No, propecia's dose-response curve is nearly flat.

At 0.06 mg/day, he has over 60% inhibition of DHT in both the skin and the blood.
How long have you been taking finastride?
I can say that there is a difference between 1 mg and 0.5 mg as i have tried both for long time ,finastride is a dose dependant drug

Ashkan63

Reaction score
I used finesteride in the past. It worked great for my hair loss condition but I got all the nasty side effects : erectile dysfunction, watery semen, gyno and loss of libido. Just typing this now makes me feel so stupid for trying it again now.
I stopped it for the past five years. And now I am back to trying it again, but this time I am using a very small dose. Just 0.06 mg (dissolving 5 mg Proscar in 50 mL vodka and taking 0.6 mL by dropper daily).
Any way, two weeks on such low dose and I can feel the side effects kicking in again. The feeling of my limp penis is a really bad to have. Like it does not belong to me. I hate it. The good news is that reducing the dose actually reduced the side effects : I can still get semi solid erections if I am stimulated enough. I am afraid, though, that it will just get worse from now
I have one of three possibilities ;
1. Continue using 0.06 mL for some more period (how long?) to see whether it will be fixed.
2. Reduce the dose further (how much?)
3. Or Maybe investigate a companion drug that will fix my side effects (maybe a hormone affecting drug or simply a PDE5 inhibitor). Any suggestions?

Sorry for the long rant but I think this will be my last attempt before giving up hope completely.
give time to your body to adjust ,but finastride not gonna be side effect free even in low doses but will def have less side than the normal dose

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been taking finastride?
I can say that there is a difference between 1 mg and 0.5 mg as i have tried both for long time ,finastride is a dose dependant drug
Placebo effect.

They've tested this numerous times on large numbers of people. Finasteride has a nearly flat response curve.

Ashkan63

Reaction score
Placebo effect.

They've tested this numerous times on large numbers of people. Finasteride has a nearly flat response curve.
So can you explain for me why the recommended dose for hairloss is 1 mg and not like 0.2 mg?and for prostat is 5 mg?is there any logic behind it or they just made it for fun?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So can you explain for me why the recommended dose for hairloss is 1 mg and not like 0.2 mg?and for prostat is 5 mg?is there any logic behind it or they just made it for fun?

The studies on low doses came later, and the recommended dosing was never adjusted.

In Japan, they recommend 0.20 mg/day, because by that point low dose studies were available.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Placebo effect.

This is presuming that side effects are directly correlated with DHT serum levels.

I don't think this is neccesarily the case.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is presuming that side effects are directly correlated with DHT serum levels.

I don't think this is neccesarily the case.

That's true, when I say the response curve is flat I'm referring to DHT in the serum and in the skin.

It may be that the response curve is non-flat in the liver, in the prostate, in the cerebrospinal fluid, etc.

In which case, lower doses would be better.