Two questions about Rogaine.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on Rogaine for 1 month and so far it got worse, so my question are:

1) is it normal to get worse before it gets better? The areas where I applied Rogaine twice a day in this month, are almost bald and have lost too much density and the thinning has increased drmatically. Not to name that I started shedding like a Dog. So, is this normal? Should I expect new hair to grow in those areas?

2) Can Rogaine re-grow terminal hair I lost 1 year ago?

Thanks.

CCS

Reaction score
1) not uncommon
2) yes

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
this happened to me, i am on minoxidil 2%, my very thin areas gone completely bald, my thin areas gone quite thin. i see little hairs starting to grow longer though.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the answr collegechemistrystudent

and biglemoncoke I see you have been on it since 18th august. similar to my case, i have been on it since august 13th. So I guess we are in a similar phase and similar response as me.

I wish you luck man, and I hope we can grow all what we lost so far.

Cheers.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks, you too man

i think shedding and thinning is a better sign than not shedding or thinning at all when u are on minoxidil. lets stay positive, i predict regrowth will show up in month 2 and 3.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I_Hate_DHT said:

1) is it normal to get worse before it gets better? The areas where I applied Rogaine twice a day in this month, are almost bald and have lost too much density and the thinning has increased drmatically. Not to name that I started shedding like a Dog. So, is this normal? Should I expect new hair to grow in those areas?

Thanks.

Dude stay on the stuff. After three weeks the areas were I applied rogaine were almost bald! Then 2 weeks later (mid august for me) I started seeing hair. I actually have grown some short terminal hairs on my hairline and my crown is thicker. And its just been 2 1/2 months. Then again I'm also on propecia but just weather the storm and you'll be fine.

tv hair

Reaction score
I've been on rogaine since august 14th and am going through the same stuff you are. I have noticed a lot of the hair i am shedding (im shedding tons) is thin anyhow. I look forward to this shedding phase to end.

I_Hate_DHT said:

Thanks.

tv hair

Reaction score
I've been on rogaine since august 14th and am going through the same stuff you are. I have noticed a lot of the hair i am shedding (im shedding tons) is thin anyhow. I look forward to this shedding phase to end.

I_Hate_DHT said:

Thanks.

tv hair

Reaction score

I_Hate_DHT said:

Thanks.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, guys. :)

It looks like minoxidil is working fine then. I will keep on the stuff and see what happens in the next 1-2 months. :hairy:

Greetings!

menace

Reaction score
tv hair said:

i also started rogaine on aug 14, and have since been shedding like a dog. but, i am getting regrowth along the hairline and frontal area. lots of little hairs coming in. i hope the shedding starts to slow down, and regrowth continues. best of luck to us!