Two Months and counting!

Erik713

Reaction score
Here's my obligatory two-month update. When I started my treatment, I had a somewhat receeded hairline -- I would guess a Norwod 2.5 or so. Over the last two months, I've taken Propecia daily, and used generic Minoxidil 5% once a day before going to bed. In addition I also use One-A-Day Men's Health Formula, and 2000mg of fish oil a day.

I have developed a whole BUNCH of small, pigmented hairs in the most receeded parts of my current hairline that keep getting longer. I am very excited about the progress made in just two months.

I don't type this to gloat or to make people feel bad, but to encourage people who are just starting out and trying to make decisions about their treatments.

Peace.

La

Reaction score
Erik
I have been using Propecia and nizoral for about 7 weeks. I am experiencing profuse shedding, and, overall, my hair looks thinner than before I started the treatment. I am trying to be patient but am considering stopping the Propecia and exploring other options. Did you experience anything like this? Any advice would be helpful.

Reaction score
Sup Erik,

I am gald to hear u doing well. Its posts like your's that gives us n00bs to go ahead and fight the evil male pattern baldness. Your words (and others who have similar positive responses) are inspiring. Fight the good fight soldier.

Sup La,

You seem to be the flip side of the male pattern baldness coin. If all goes wrong, I am gonna stick with shaving my head for the rest of my life (or until a cure or a revolutionary breakthru comes along). BUT personally, I think you should not give up the fight. Its only been 7 weeks. U still have a very good chance of winning. I think you are worrying too much. GL w/ everything. Look into adding/changing ur regime. I hear good things about L-agrinine (cheap and ppl say effective).

Erik713

Reaction score
la - sorry it took so long. I've been super busy.

If I look in the shower drain in the morning, I still see more hair there when I'm using minoxidil then when I haven't (sometimes I forget or whatever) used it for a day or two. After 6 or 7 weeks, I noticed that it appeared that there were less in the drain, but still it is noticeable.

Most people here will probably tell you that it's best to keep at it for at least 3 months, though 6 months will probably give you a better idea of what's in store.

Don't give up, dude. Keep it going and keep us posted!

Erik713

Reaction score
Tightlips - Thanks dude. You keep your fight up as well :)