Turning 32....things aren't so bad...

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Yeah so I have bitched and moaned and lost tons of hair in the process during the last 2 years. But bottom line is that I am going to be turning 32 in a few days and with the right type of shampoo can hide my diffuse thinning pretty well. I am telling myself that I am fortunate and lucky that I am able to do this at 32....I have been losing hair since 17 and really aggressively since 24. My conclusion - hair loss is very complicated and sometimes you just got to listen to your body and scalp. Don't blindly use treatments that others say work...DO YOUR HOMEWORK, give it some time and if you experience negative side-effects then quit and move on....some treatments are just not worth the side-effects. Anyways, to the younger guys out there....balding is not a steady deal, it varies with time, age and routine. Stay healthy, stick with a good diet and workout plan and select a proven treatment that works for YOU. This way you will have NO REGRETS even if you end up going bald...

Viper

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
vipergts said:
Hi guys,

Yeah so I have bitched and moaned and lost tons of hair in the process during the last 2 years. But bottom line is that I am going to be turning 32 in a few days and with the right type of shampoo can hide my diffuse thinning pretty well. I am telling myself that I am fortunate and lucky that I am able to do this at 32....I have been losing hair since 17 and really aggressively since 24. My conclusion - hair loss is very complicated and sometimes you just got to listen to your body and scalp. Don't blindly use treatments that others say work...DO YOUR HOMEWORK, give it some time and if you experience negative side-effects then quit and move on....some treatments are just not worth the side-effects. Anyways, to the younger guys out there....balding is not a steady deal, it varies with time, age and routine. Stay healthy, stick with a good diet and workout plan and select a proven treatment that works for YOU. This way you will have NO REGRETS even if you end up going bald...

Viper

some good words vipergts

im 28 and i honestly though id be bald by 26,yet here i am 2 and a half years after starting treatments with more hair than when i started.

Overall health is definitely important,the healthier you can keep yourself the easier youll find it dealing with hairloss,it can replace a little of the confidence you may have lost.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I just hope to have my hair at age 32.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
I just hope to have my hair at age 32.

the way im going ,especially having thought id be bald by now ,i could well have the same hair by the time im 32,4 years and counting..............although im sure dr feller or dr rahal are going to help me a little sometime between now n then ,just for a little oompf :)

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
HA! Funny that you ask ....sold for about 60K on ebay and went to a buyer in Canada. Needed lots of work including a 10K clutch.

BTW deaner you take the award for the most horrendous and annoying looking avatar - who is that?

Deaner said:
How much did the Countach sell for?

s.a.f

Reaction score
vipergts said:
deaner you take the award for the most horrendous and annoying looking avatar - who is that?

I always thought that was a pic of himself.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
vipergts said:
My conclusion - hair loss is very complicated and sometimes you just got to listen to your body and scalp. Don't blindly use treatments that others say work...DO YOUR HOMEWORK, give it some time and if you experience negative side-effects then quit and move on....some treatments are just not worth the side-effects. Viper

Very nicely stated.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Viper, which shampoo are you using?

s.a.f said:
vipergts said:
deaner you take the award for the most horrendous and annoying looking avatar - who is that?

I always think the avatar is the actual person posting for some reason...

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
I use nizoral 2 percent, T-Gel, Emu oil based shampoo and fructis conditioner......

Nathaniel said:
Hey Viper, which shampoo are you using?

s.a.f said:
vipergts said:

I always think the avatar is the actual person posting for some reason...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm 33 and don't have much left to loose. I am hoping that hm comes out before I get too old and my face falls off. :shakehead:

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Me too hopefully theres a proper more permanent hair loss treatment to come, that way if my face hasnt fallen off I can at least pretend im 30-35 and chase all the younger girls :woot:

alexstorm

Reaction score
You're definitely right about using a product that is proven to work for you and sticking to it. I don't use any of the "BIG THREE" (I used Regaine religiously for 3 years but with little sucess) What I use now works well for me and I'm going to stick with it. I'm 36 and am probably between a NW2.5-3 closer to an NW2.5 though. My old man didn't lose any hair until he was in his late 40's whilst I started recedding when I hit 21 :sobbing: Good thing thing that my male pattern baldness had all the aggression of Gandhi on prozac or I'd be the spitting image of Captain Jean Luc Picard now :freaked2: