Turning 19 Next Month. Should I Start Finasteride?

youngforster

Reaction score
Behold of a long post of mine, but I am new to this forum and I want to give you a clear view of my situation. Well lucky me I inherited male pattern baldness from my father's side. Chances were 50-50 because my mothers family all have these FULL heads of hair, but anyway. I knew from age 10 that I would have hair loss because I have the same hair as my father (color, texture and so on). I've always had these wavy hair that were pretty hard to style, but at senior high school that changed due to my hair getting a bit thinner (which was great). I am now at the 2nd year in college and yes my hair is noticeably thinner and it's getting harder and harder to style them. I am heading to a Norwood 1 though I may already be one. I've always had a really high forehead so even this mild recession makes it look bad. If I had a better looking head I would probably buzz it down but now I keep them at 3 inches long and honestly it looks good (I am fairly good-looking as people seem to frequently compliment me about it) . My father has been a norwood 4 for about 20 years from age 30, and now I noticed the back of his scalp is really thinning and some of his frontal hairline, and he has not the best donor area I' ve seen (although full, really thin, but when buzzed short doesn't look half bad.) Hair-Transplant can be an option in the future but probably won't get any great results and hair systems, well they look pretty shitty even in the youtube videos. I won't consider minoxidil because it's just a temporary "solution" and it is too much of a hassle. Finasteride seems to be the only viable solution as a DHT inhibitor is the only thing that can actually prevent or delay hairloss. I am fully developed (stopped growing taller when I was 13 or sth) and my beard is full. Of course I am afraid of the side effects mainly because i am currently in a relationship, but I hardly believe that they can be permanent (i mean even after hormonal treatment). I want to take action, because it will be really shitty if I start taking it later on and notice no sides. Hair is not so important, but balding in such a young age can certainly be a solid hit in your confidence and appearance as women aren't used to the bald look yet.

Thank you if you read all of that, even if you didn't. Please share your experience with finasteride with me any suggestions you have. It would be greatly appreciated.