Turned Down for Prescription for Proscar!!

blakes30

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to the dermatologist today for a couple of things. I asked him for prescription of proscar, with the instructions and intent to take 1/4 pill per day. He would not do it!!! He said that insurance would catch on since i am young and that they would know that i don't have problems with my prostate. He said he doesn't do it, that i should go back to whoever gave me propecia and ask for it.

I am frustrated because i have the feeling that most doctors are afraid to write a script for proscar for hair-loss when it is not "technically" FDA approved for hair-loss.

What is your experience and how did you get your prescription for proscar?

How did you go about asking/convincing your doctor?

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
you cant really blame the Doctor for that, he has to look out for himself and his license. I'm sure you can find another one though..

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
That's wrong...my Doctor prescribed me it but I don't get it discounted because I don't have prostate issues.

blakes30

Established Member
Reaction score
how did you convince your Doctor?

did you just simply ask for it---saying "hey Doctor--i heard that proscar is cheaper, will you prescribe it for me?"

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just get your finasteride online from reliable places like inhouse and united. u won't need a prescription and it'll be cheaper.

blakes30

Established Member
Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
just get your finasteride online from reliable places like inhouse and united. u won't need a prescription and it'll be cheaper.

how do i know that the finpecia coming from india contains 1mg?

are there any studies or analysis on this?

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
don't worry about finpecia or fincar from inhouse or united. if they were fake, this forum would've known about it by now.

blakes30

Established Member
Reaction score
Far Too Young said:
you could just throw it on a scale if you're worried about its actual mass...

ohh yeah---that'll work!!!!

uhhhh.... if he measures the mass of the pill---if it's even in the ballpark size of a propecia pill, it should weigh over 100mg----obviously, with only one of those being finasteride