Trying To Start Back On Minoxidil After 7months Of Not Using It

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll like to start back on minoxidil after stopping 7months ago just started finasteride about two months ago but I’ll like a better results

Would minoxidil help at all? After me not using it for almost 7months?
What would you guys recommend?

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll like to start back on minoxidil after stopping 7months ago just started finasteride about two months ago but I’ll like a better results

Would minoxidil help at all? After me not using it for almost 7months?
What would you guys recommend?
Hi, i don't know you're whole story but I would imagine it would help. Why did you stop? My story is that at the start of 2016 I went onto finasteride. I took it for about 2 years with not much effect. It seemed to stabilise hairloss at best. In January I started Minoxidil but was using foam and didn't find it easy to get to scalp. From April I'm on liquid minoxidil. Starting to see good results now. Taking some time but a lot of small hairs growing near the hairline. I've also been derma-rolling since late June.

The best bet for many guys is to do minoxidil, finasteride and anti-DHT shampoo plus derma-rolling. This means that you'll get the benefit from different aspects. The finasteride will keep DHT at bay, the shampoo will keep your scalp healthy and fight DHT, the minoxidil will stimulate new growth where the follicles are not dead, the derma-rolling will stimulate the follicles/blood-flow to scalp and help absorption of minoxidil. It's a multi-aspect assault on hairloss.

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i don't know you're whole story but I would imagine it would help. Why did you stop? My story is that at the start of 2016 I went onto finasteride. I took it for about 2 years with not much effect. It seemed to stabilise hairloss at best. In January I started Minoxidil but was using foam and didn't find it easy to get to scalp. From April I'm on liquid minoxidil. Starting to see good results now. Taking some time but a lot of small hairs growing near the hairline. I've also been derma-rolling since late June.

The best bet for many guys is to do minoxidil, finasteride and anti-DHT shampoo plus derma-rolling. This means that you'll get the benefit from different aspects. The finasteride will keep DHT at bay, the shampoo will keep your scalp healthy and fight DHT, the minoxidil will stimulate new growth where the follicles are not dead, the derma-rolling will stimulate the follicles/blood-flow to scalp and help absorption of minoxidil. It's a multi-aspect assault on hairloss.

Hi thanks for your information. Well I’ve been fighting hair lose since 2014 I started using minoxidil in 2015 and it worked great till 2018 it gave me a lot of shed I was loosing a lot of my hair
And I’m guessing that happened because I wasn’t really taking minoxidil the way I was supposed to because I would stop then go back and then stop and go back so I’m guessing that affected me not sure but after I seen that I was shedding a lot I decided to stop

So I tried prp treatment and it seem to work but not enough so I decided to go with finasteride and it might be working not sure only been on it for about 2months

And I’m trying to go back with finasteride and maybe dermarolling.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your information. Well I’ve been fighting hair lose since 2014 I started using minoxidil in 2015 and it worked great till 2018 it gave me a lot of shed I was loosing a lot of my hair
And I’m guessing that happened because I wasn’t really taking minoxidil the way I was supposed to because I would stop then go back and then stop and go back so I’m guessing that affected me not sure but after I seen that I was shedding a lot I decided to stop

So I tried prp treatment and it seem to work but not enough so I decided to go with finasteride and it might be working not sure only been on it for about 2months

And I’m trying to go back with finasteride and maybe dermarolling.
I haven't really experienced a big shed with minoxidil so far. I've read that people using minoxidil alone will not see results long-term as you need finasteride or something else to block DHT which is the cause of male baldness. For some reason it seems that both minoxidil and finasteride together give the best results. I don't understand the whole process but from what I've read of others' experience, the shedding can indicate that old hair is getting pushed out so that new hair can come through. As you said, you probably need to stay on it long enough to see the process through. Unfortunately, it's a treatment for life until something better comes along. You have to stay on both in order to see progress in the long-term.

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes when you shed that’s a great sign that minoxidil is working great fro that person since is pushing all of your weak hairs out and bringing New thicker hairs on its place but my shedding didn’t really started till the start of this year so I was afraid on loosing all of my hair and I stopped lol

Now I’m just trying to see if I can go back after 7months.