Trying To Look For Azaelic Acid For Scalp

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been trying to find azelic acid, preferably a blend with minoxidil 5% but can't seem to find it anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that Dr Lee dude used to have it in his special minoxidil concoction before it got banned

Is there any actual convincing evidence that topical azaelic acid blocks dht in the scalp?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that Dr Lee dude used to have it in his special minoxidil concoction before it got banned

Is there any actual convincing evidence that topical azaelic acid blocks dht in the scalp?
Actually, there is not a single study done to prove it. Iit's really a shame that not university did it, cause there are tons of reason to test that.
Only the in vitro study from 1988 .

Kyle889

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can make your own by ordering some from Fischer scientific. Just add about 4.5 grams to a bottle of minoxidil for about 5% AZ. Also Lipogaine has AZ in it but if your scalp has bad inflammation (really red) you probably should probably take care of that first before you start it. I had used lipogaine with good results for awhile but started shedding like crazy because it's pretty harsh on your scalp. Try to get prescribed a steroid lotion for it.