trying to get cut and loose weight

sneakyp

Reaction score
whats up im 22 years old 5'11 185 pounds. I want to drop like 10-20 pounds and get cut. Any exercise, diet, advice? Thanks

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
wow.. you've just said the answer!

Skull like 3 glasses of water before you eat will make you feel full FAST as well. Transition to a high protein (but low fat) diet along with lots of food that has been minimally processed (multigrain-wholemeal bread/rice, vegies) and should be all good.

As for exercise, just do something that you know you can handle and never skip it! The worst thing you can do is go "oh.. i'll do it next week".

GL!

drinkrum

Reaction score
Try to bulk up and build some muscle (e.g., clean high-calorie diet with lots of protein, good carbs, good fats). Then, do a cut. It will be much better and rewarding.

D.

finallyhair

Reaction score
1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, 1 tbsp of flaxseed oil, low fat(about 15%)of daily caloric intake , 8-13 glasses of water , greet tea,b-complex, essential amino acids- l-glutamine, creatine ethyl ester2.5 grms per day, NO2,
Ester C, Chromium picolonate, Green tea 3x per day
No whites and no meats other than chicken or shrimp at small portions.
As long as you do all of this you can drastically lower your calories without going catabolic(eating muscle tissue)Also you should weight train heavy to fatigue. If you miss out on the Flax oil and the protein then you have a great chance of losing more muscle than fat. :-x
I've shredded myself with this and lost over fifty pounds.
It may not be the healthiest way to shred but it's the fastest without sacraficing muscle tissue.

The Gardener

Reaction score
5x/day do 20 minutes weight training and 20 minutes cardio.

Reduce portion sizes at meals.

Replace sugary sodas with water.

TRY to make healthier choices when you can. No, I am not saying you should go onto some ultra-healthy diet where you eliminate all fast food, etc., because this is usually unsustainable. Instead, just try to make subtle changes... instead of pasta with a cream sauce, order it with a red sauce, etc.

Cut out the sweets, not just because they are high in calories, but because they create insulin spikes which can affect energy consistency, and cause you to be MORE hungry in the longer term.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
for chest, thi is my definite recommendation... PUSHUPS! I feel that it is better than bench pressing. Grab two dumbells and set them on the floor at a distance, grasp the handles with hands, and burn!! I feel ALOT more work going into my chest with this method than bench pressing. Put those dumbells together side by side and getthe best tricep workout. Push till you cant push yourslef up again. Cuts you right up!

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
I am by no means a personal trainer but
like drinkrum said eat clean.
like The Gardener said, eat more frequent meals in smaller portions.
and as for pushups, that db way is redundant. just place your hands a little wider than shoulder width apart. keep your back flat and go down until your arms are bent at 90 degrees (your chest should be no higher than 2-3 inches off the floor) and quickly push back up and press back down. do fast repititions. start off with like 2 sets of 30 and add reps by 5 or 10 as you progress, resting 1-2 minutes in between.

oh another thing that helps, just run at a steady pace everyday for like 1-2 miles nonstop. it helps you feel "lighter". and jump-roping helps you shed off some extra calories and it helps you get quicker.