Trying to figure out why new system is pita

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a new system and both times after 3-4 days attachment I take it off because it’s so itchy. This has led me to buzz my hair and quit wearing for 3-4 months. I got it narrowed to two possible reasons and I want to figure it out because the first system was great. Attached is a pic of the base.
a few things my head became extremely itchy and red in only the back middle portion. The back sides where it was taped was not red or itchy at all. Which leads me to believe it’s possible the base I’m reacting to? What base is this tan portion?
secondly : the system was really wet underneath and it was not sweat. I barely have sweat and I noticed when I took a shower the base was wet underneath as I felt it on my scalp. Is it going through the base causing water to get trapped thus making me itchy? Or is it from the salon using a needle pin to attach system to manikin ? They poke a hole in the system to attach to manikin. Maybe water is getting through that? Thank you so much.

Attachments

• 3CF2777D-CDE1-4822-94D7-5963E8A959B9.png
    3CF2777D-CDE1-4822-94D7-5963E8A959B9.png
    664.2 KB · Views: 152

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never seen a system like that. What did they say it is?
Partly why I’m trying to buy my own systems online is because they aren’t accurate with what I’ve asked for. They called it thin skin but I know it’s not. I got it back in March 2021 when systems were extremely short. I’m guessing I just need to try a new system. I have a new thin skin that’s good quality I’ll get cut in.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a new system and both times after 3-4 days attachment I take it off because it’s so itchy. This has led me to buzz my hair and quit wearing for 3-4 months. I got it narrowed to two possible reasons and I want to figure it out because the first system was great. Attached is a pic of the base.
a few things my head became extremely itchy and red in only the back middle portion. The back sides where it was taped was not red or itchy at all. Which leads me to believe it’s possible the base I’m reacting to? What base is this tan portion?
secondly : the system was really wet underneath and it was not sweat. I barely have sweat and I noticed when I took a shower the base was wet underneath as I felt it on my scalp. Is it going through the base causing water to get trapped thus making me itchy? Or is it from the salon using a needle pin to attach system to manikin ? They poke a hole in the system to attach to manikin. Maybe water is getting through that? Thank you so much.
Use 2 layers of walker max hold sport, scalp protector....to confirm or eliminate the base as the offender.

No Hair No Fair

My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks like a polyurethane skin in the middle with lace in the front and something else in the back. I can't tell for sure what that is in the back because I don't recognize that pattern and the picture doesn't seem to have enough resolution for me to see the detail of the weft, but it looks like some kind of woven base (Lace? Monofilament?). The different material pieces look kind of like they have thick edges, which could maybe irritate your scalp.

Last edited:

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks like a polyurethane skin in the middle with lace in the front and something else in the back. I can't tell for sure what that is in the back because I don't recognize that pattern and the picture doesn't seem to have enough resolution for me to see the detail of the weft, but it looks like some kind of woven base (Lace? Monofilament?). The different material pieces look kind of like they have thick edges, which could maybe irritate your scalp.
Thank you. I think the issue was it stayed wet. And it wasn’t front sweat I would notice after my shower I could feel the water under the base. Any suggestions to fixing this ?