Trying To Figure Out Castor Oil, Need Help Figuring Out Vehicles

Rick Grimes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so last weekend, i decided to start adding castor oil to my regimen.. i've tried mixing a 80% castor oil + 20% DMSO and also 70% Castor + 30% DMSO ... this leads to my first question: if i apply this mix at night, do you leave it in all night or wash it out after a while?

Second question: does any one have any knowledge or expertise on better vehicles? Ethanol? The ethanol in minoxidil? Other stuff like DMI? Or is DMSO + Castor the best option? I've read that without an absorption enhancer, it does not penetrate at all.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was using castor oil from late January until August almost every night. I would leave it on for 2 to 4 hours a night then wash it out. I did notice less shedding while using it but my hair still got thinner. The only theory is that the loose hair was being removed during the vigorous washing so I wouldn't notice it in the sink as much in the mornings. I honestly don't think it helped that much if any.

I tried using DSMO, mixing it with peppermint oil, Pig lard and coconut oil. Never noticed a difference during any mixture.
That being said if you do try to use it I can totally recommend using polysorbate 80 to help get it out of your hair. Just apply that and rub it in before you shampoo and the castor oil comes out very easily.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score