Trying For A Baby - Discontinuing Finasteride

TheTwoPigeons

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, as per the title myself and my partner are trying to get pregnant and after reading conflicting advice online I've decided to stop taking finasteride as a precaution.

As it can take months to get pregnant and there's potentially a risk after as well with having sex (for male babies), I want to try and avoid losing all of the progress I've made with finasteride.

I'm using Nizoral and Regaine, so I'll continue to use 2 out of the big 3. But I'd appreciate if there are any other supplements or things I can do to keep my hair loss somewhat stable.

If there's not then I'll have to deal with the consequences but would appreciate any advice.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You won't really lose your gains even if you stopped for 30 days. The doctors on the hair loss show on youtube mentioned this. You can stop for at least a month if you're planning to have a baby. By 30 days, all of it is gone on your body.

To maintain your hair, try taking biotin, fish oil, and pumpkin seed oil. Green tea is also an alternative dht blocker

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Completely understandable rationale. However I do not think there is anything extra you can take to “maintain” your hair while off finasteride. Any natural DHT blocker is at the end of the day a DHT blocker, which you are trying to unblock.

best advice: get her pregnant fast LOL.

best of luck with conceiving and your hair!

jazz1

Reaction score
They state 7 days is recommended off.

https://www.beIgraviacentre.com/blog/can-i-use-minoxidil-for-male-hair-loss-while-trying-for-a-baby/

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it matters I have a completely healthy boy that was conceived accidentally on finasteride. But if your worried just get off untill you feel comfortable.