True that completely shaving your head is bad for regrowth?

Piccolo

Reaction score
I heard that if you take it all the way down to the scalp some of it might not grow back, so at most you should only buzz it. Is this true?

Thanks!

s.a.f

Reaction score
False.

Hoppi

Reaction score
God knows. I can imagine it might help sebum and collagen build up, potentially o_O I'm afraid I dont know enough to call it for certain and I can imagine there being a fair number of factors.

jhart

Reaction score
if you shave, it may damage the skin if its sensitive but that has zero effect underneath at the follicle

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't see why it would, i mean your only shaving the hair down not actually plucking it out so the hair should carry on to grow just like it was before you shaved it down.

Piccolo

Reaction score
Hmmm, so how come you always hear stories about guys who shave their head and then it "doesn't all grow back?"

Nene

Reaction score
I've never heard these stories you speak of. If someone shaves their head and the hairs don't come back, that means the hairs were on their way out anyway. I do believe however, that if you shave hair you've grown with the help of minoxidil, that it will take a long time to grow back, it won't just pop back up like the rest of your hair.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
Piccolo said:
Hmmm, so how come you always hear stories about guys who shave their head and then it "doesn't all grow back?"
Piccolo, you suffer from serious auditory hallucinations. Contact your nearest psychiatrist NOW!