True & Dorin Nyc Fue 1700 Transplant And Scar Revision 2015 W/pics

kronosjapan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I have visited this forum before, but this is my first time posting. I have had hair loss for several years and have done FUT transplants since 2000 with different companies. In the fall 2015, my most recent FUE transplant was with True & Dorin (New York).

The photos I am sharing are untouched before and after from my True & Dorin transplant session. I am nearing 40 and as you can see I would be considered a Norwood 6. Hair loss runs strong in my family. I started loosing my hair in my late teens & early 20's. At the time, I was terrified; women wouldn't be attracted and I didn't like the look of being bald for myself. My confidence took a stomping and I became a shy person which really wasn't my authentic self. However, I give a ton of credit to guys who just shave it off and embrace it. In my early 20's that wasn't my thinking, but now I have much more peace with my looks. I tried Finasteride but after a year my skin seemed oilier and the drug negatively affected my sex drive so I stopped. I also used 5% Minoxidil foam for about 6 years (only at night though). However, I have a slight arrhythmia and I noticed my heart beating a more erratically so I stopped that too. I feel much better after stopping these; my energy is higher, etc. Now I just try to eat right, exercise, take vitamins, be well-groomed, and let the rest go. No more drugs for me regardless of future loss.

My goals for this last procedure were to minimize the obvious old surgery scar and get more grafts. I did online research and based on True & Dorin's positive reputation I went with them. Dr. True did an excellent, in-depth consultation with me; he carefully studied my head, asked me about my experiences, what I wanted to achieve, and what the best options would be. Dr. True assured me he could improve the appearance of my scar and overall look. He seemed very critical of the quality of his results which I liked. We decided to revise my old larger scar and do a 1700 FUE procedure in the same session. The FUE was a first for me, I had only done FUT in the past. So, In the fall 2015 I did the procedure with Dr. True. It's now in mid summer 2016, I can pretty much say I have achieved the full results of the transplant. I am very happy with Dr. True's revision of my scar, it's a lot more narrow, thin, and symmetrical. The scar is far less noticeable than before. Before my results came in, I thought I might have a bit more coverage in the back, but I also know from experience one needs to have measured/conservative expectations of transplant end results. Looking at my post surgery photos and in the mirror I am also happy with how the FUE transplants have grown in for a fuller look.

If I have any more work done I think it will be just a little FUE to fill in my smaller lower scar, so that if I start cutting my hair really short the look will be good. Dr. True explained he can transplant a mix of head hair and in my case, beard hair to help cover any remaining scarring. I am very happy I went with True & Dorin for this last procedure. T&D are not inexpensive, but my result was much better than the other cheaper clinics I went to in the past. I have no professional connection with True & Dorin and this post is not an endorsement but simply relating my experience.

Finally, If I were to go back to when I started loosing my hair I don't know if I would choose to embark on hair restoration because of the amount of loss I experienced. I might have shaved my head and focused on other things I can affect about myself. I recommend restoration for someone who has less hair loss than me so it is easier for them to get great results. Thank you for reading.

Attachments

• 06-22-2016 (top).JPG
    06-22-2016 (top).JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 886
  • 06-22-2016(back).JPG
    06-22-2016(back).JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 906
  • 09-22-2015 (back).JPG
    09-22-2015 (back).JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 09-22-2015 (top).JPG
    09-22-2015 (top).JPG