Trouble With Polly Thin Skin System Lifting

Tommo1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m heading overseas in two days and had a new thin skin system fitted a week ago, trouble is that it is starting to lift on the edges already and I’ve still got a week to go. I don’t think it will last that long not to mention the sweat that builds up underneath it, it does look and feels awesome but I’m stressing a bit.

The place that services me is closed and I’ve have never removed one of these or placed one of these on my own, I have ghost bond and scalp protector on handand some iso propyl alcohol, should I attempt to remove it clean it and refit it? Or just try to glue the edges and hope the rest doesn’t lift off??

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this does not help you now, but if you have issues with sweat, thin skin is NOT for you. You will need to switch to Lace (French or Swiss).

If you can gently clean the glue off with some alcohol and a cloth, and then, using a flat toothpick, add a new layer of glue.

I would not do a complete removal just for edges. You could try an leave yourself a small gap, for the sweat to escape if you think this is going to be a problem.

Slapster

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I had my skin system fitted, the front had started to lift within 24 hours. I could also feel the the sides had lifted almost all around the entire perimeter, with the exception of the very rear. This made me think the whole system would peel off within days, but it's still stuck fast nearly three weeks on. It's worth following BaldBearded's advice and dabbing some glue under the front lift with a toothpick or coffee stirrer before you go away, but ignoring the sides should be safe as long as they're covered with hair.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Slapster I have the same problem with my skin system. The front hairline in particular lifts up after only a day or 2, so I have to re-do the hairline very often. It is annoying and I can't understand why this happens.

Slapster

My Regimen
Reaction score
Slapster I have the same problem with my skin system. The front hairline in particular lifts up after only a day or 2, so I have to re-do the hairline very often. It is annoying and I can't understand why this happens.
If the base of the system looks like it can handle it, I'm going to try to attach using tape, including on the hairline (which I keep covered) to see if it improves the lifting. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tommo1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips fellas. Managed to get it serviced before I left, pretty lucky as its 30 c here every day at 90+ humidity.

Slapster

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to provide an update, I'm now three days in to a bond exclusively using Walker Ultra-Hold Minis with no lifting I can feel at the back or sides and the beginnings of a very slight lift on the hairline that I haven't yet found necessary to fix. I'm so far finding the tape to be superior to the glue in every respect, but will update after I've gone a couple of weeks of wearing.