Tried Toppik for the first time yesterday

Ninootz

Reaction score
So my hair didn't turn into a chia pet like you see on the toppik website. It looked like brown dry wall particles just sitting on my head. I rubbed it in and put some hairspray on and I didn't notice a difference at all. Maybe, just maybe a slight difference at the crown but not enough for a before and after picture.

I re-read a post about some dude recommending this to me and he actually said to use the Toppik spray applicator which I misunderstood so I ordered this along with the hairline optimizer. I'm also going to apply the over the counter hair products he suggested too.

Figures I got excited for nothing but I'll see what happens once my shipment comes in and see if the extra added stuff makes a diffference.

Donni

Reaction score
just watched an demonstration of this stuff on youtube because I never heard of it before I dont know your Norwood or how long you have been losing hair but ide say stick to the big 3 I feel like the big 3 are less to clean up and have a more everlasting effect however the toppiks video I saw was every impressive it looks nice but ide stick to rogaine and hope for the best

Ninootz

Reaction score
I'm on the big 3 for close to a year and still not happy. I would have done a transplant but I cant afford it right now. Toppik is supposed to be ok to use in addition to the big 3. I was impressed too but it was too good to be true just like most things :/

TRex

Reaction score
Once you figure out how to use it, it really make a big difference.

what works for me was starting with Samy Fat thickening creme, and brush to style you want and let dry. Then lightly shake on toppik in the thinning areas, a thin layer, then go back and do another. Then I use Samy Fat thickening hair spray. Let dry, re-toppik any areas still showing thru and final hair spray.

The other key is you have to have some hair for it to stick to. So combing over bare areas will really help before application. If you have no hair in an area, it wont work. How bad is your hair.

Every-time you apply it, your technique will get better, thus better results. With toppik, less is usually better than more. It took me about 2 weeks to get it application down and what products to use with it.