Tried Putting Beta Alanine Powder On My Scalp And Resulted In Extreme Itch

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Huge itch from beta alanine and redness, blood flow it seems to excite a certain subset of neurons called DRG

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3491570/

these DRG neurons release some substance that is inhibited by DHT and makes hair thin out

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21839661

perhaps I should try using it for longer. It is something that gets the blood flowing and makes your scalp feel alive and it stimulates it like nothing else.

I seriously recommend you guys try it for once, gonna report back if I get any regrowth

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
These observations suggest that DHT may decrease IGF-I production in dermal papillae by inhibiting sensory neuron stimulation through interaction with the androgen receptor, thereby inhibiting hair growth in mice.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just activate the neurons by stimulating them with beta alanine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cannot believe some of this potion stuff some of you are still desperately messing around with. Respectfully, it's probably best you find better things to do with your time. What Norwood are you? If you're a low, then you're fine and don't need to goof around with snake oils. If you're a high, this stuff will never, ever work.

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These observations suggest that DHT may decrease IGF-I production in dermal papillae by inhibiting sensory neuron stimulation through interaction with the androgen receptor, thereby inhibiting hair growth in mice.
Thank you... this forum can boast of pioneering users trying new substances or new protocols for hair, then we all benefit from that knowledge.

Please continue with your tests for a few weeks and tell us what you have felt in your hair. it is true that oral beta alanine produces a certain general flush and that hair flush by topical application should be studied.

Have you got any news about the topical beta alanine application?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cannot believe some of this potion stuff some of you are still desperately messing around with. Respectfully, it's probably best you find better things to do with your time. What Norwood are you? If you're a low, then you're fine and don't need to goof around with snake oils. If you're a high, this stuff will never, ever work.
Respectfully,you really deserve to keep balding with a comment like that. Moaning and bitching about your condition while you are sitting on your hands won't get you anywhere. In what authority can you assert that this will never work? Are you lurking on this forum to just lament about your penis head?

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just activate the neurons by stimulating them with beta alanine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vitamin b3 or niacin and produces a powerful flush and redness and beta alanine produces something called paresthesia? (They say) . I feel that the body heat produced by vitamin b3 look like beta alanine, B3 is harder and more punctual in some places in the body and beta alanine is softer but more general throughout the body and I feel it on the scalp.

I can't find information about beta alanine and its interaction with the scalp. maybe it will be interesting to see if there are any results in the topical application

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea i really only tried it twice, once right after dermaroll where i got a huge reaction basically my scalp felt exploding with stimulation but without dermarolling i didnt feel anything.

I think microneedlingg + trying different things is really beneficial

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The dermarroller allows you to pass preparations that otherwise is not possible, if you repeat the process a few times to see if there is significant data write it all down, :)
... I'm doing experiments and maybe one of them will work.