Tried it for 7 months and all I get is more shed..Time to ??

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
quit ??

I have been on minoxidil for last 7 months. They say you should try it for atleast 6 months before quitting. I have done that. I have not seen any regrowth. I tried Dr. Lees minoxidil for 5 month and have been applying foam for a month. I think its a lost war.

I would have just continued with it. But the fact is Minoxidil has crazily increased my hairloss. I know some people will disagree with this. I am just stating what I see. Before using minoxidil, I was losing 30 and on bad days 40 hairs a day. After minoxidil on a good day I lose 60 hairs and that can go upto 100. I understand that minoxidil is not supposed to make you lose hair even though it may not work for everyone. But this is what I have experience.
I have always been thinking that it is the shed that everyone talks about. However, sheds are not supposed to last for months and months.

So what do you guys think? Is my decision to drop minoxidil correct ?

Thanks

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only you can make that decision man. Unfortunately there is no set pattern for how people respond to treatments and therefore there's no telling whether a whole years worth of money spent on the minoxidil will make any difference to your hair. It's up to you whether you can find the strength to carry on even when you feel it's amking it worse. Who knows, regrowth may be just around the corner but then again you could go on thinking that every month! sorry I haven't been much help

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks JDW. Yeah your reply hasnt been too helpful. But I think its a very genuine honest answer. Thanjs
Anyone else who had similar experience. Did you shed for like 4-5 months continuously whether it be on finasteride ot minoxidil ?

Any other opinions. Thanks

lunarjm

Reaction score
I've been on Dr. Lee's Xandrox 5% for 2.5 years and my hairline continues to recede so I feel ya! I plan on adding Finpecia or Fincar to my regimen and will drop Xandrox and adding generic minoxidil or the Foam. If these don't work, I guess I'm SOL until hair cloning becomes a reality in 10 years.