Tried growing it back...never again

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea I tried growing my hair back on the advice of people telling me rogaine and finasteride may have done the job after keeping my hair buzzed to 0 for well over a year. I grew it back under the cover of my toque for like 3 weeks. No such luck. It's even apparent somewhat when its fully shaved down. People complained that im not making a fair comparison becuz my pics are low quality shots now. Well even using my cellphone I think its pretty apparent exactly where my hair is denser and where its very thin. You can see the exact patterns even when shaved when you know what to look for. Theres also a few shots where my hair looks very thick in darker light. diffuse thinning sucks.

Attachments

• DSC00944.JPG
    DSC00944.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 3,270
  • DSC00930.JPG
    DSC00930.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 3,267
  • DSC00923.JPG
    DSC00923.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 3,282

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
I can put more pics, its jus that its late and bluetooth is quite cubersome (fast but I can only add 1 pic at a time and i have over 600 to go thru...yea i took a lot over the eyar to see how my hair loss has advanced)

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
but again...look how dense it CAN APPEAR. But it shows thru even shaved. Regardless I will shave for life.

Attachments

• DSC00933.JPG
    DSC00933.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 3,235
  • DSC00505.JPG
    DSC00505.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 3,224

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks painfully familiar. What's with the bad boy pose though?

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
no pose, thats my natural face. Also i look like that cuz i work as a security guard so i g2 look tuff. Most of those pics are taken when I was on my shifts alone lol.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ok. Keep it shaved anyways, I wish I could force myself to do that.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Why can't you do it? I bought a cheap clipper for $20, dont use any guards and just chop once a week. I dont even shave my facial hair I just use the clipper on it to keep my beard and sideburns the same length all around. Despite my beard being very thin it can look pretty good. let me show you a pic.

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 3,172

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
MacAttack said:
Why can't you do it? I bought a cheap clipper for $20, dont use any guards and just chop once a week. I dont even shave my facial hair I just use the clipper on it to keep my beard and sideburns the same length all around. Despite my beard being very thin it can look pretty good. let me show you a pic.

I got clippers but I only buzz my hair to #3 every week. I don't like my headshape so it's better to keep some coverage. I also think the #0 looks a bit extreme on me. Yeah I also use the clippers to chop my beard to #0. My beard is also very non-existent, almost white.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats me with guard 0 at a club and the facial hair clipped to. My head shape isnt the best either mate but you kinna just g2 let go. I cant even bear to look at my hair at guard 1. Its funny I actually chopped my hair off after growing it RIGHT after watching the HITMAN movie.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel that my headshape is very feminine... you know, narrow and pointy. Damn you genes, why did I have to get my fathers headshape when everything else is from my mother's family... including the huge forehead :mrgreen: .

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude lol our shapes are like the same look at my clubbing pic. I get so many comments, noone directly negatively attacks me and puts me down but I can sorta feel ppl looking at me. Ill tell u this tho I feel a lot more confident with my head shaved down then any hair growing outta it. As long as the confidence is there it can more then makeup any shortcomings I have in looks.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
MacAttack said:
Dude lol our shapes are like the same look at my clubbing pic. I get so many comments, noone directly negatively attacks me and puts me down but I can sorta feel ppl looking at me. Ill tell u this tho I feel a lot more confident with my head shaved down then any hair growing outta it. As long as the confidence is there it can more then makeup any shortcomings I have in looks.

Yeah I realize that confidence plays an important role, but it's hard to force yourself to be confident if you're really insecure.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Im insecure too, but all it takes is a matter of saying f*** it. I KNOW i look ridiclous with my shaved head but I put it behind me. I pretend im goddamn sexy, and f*** if u do it enough ppl around u believe u too. Ive had a lot more female attention (postive not pointing at me laffing attention lol) then before.

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
how long have you been on finasteride and minoxidil out of interest?

That's the problem with diffuse thinning isn't it - from some angles/lighting conditions your hair looks fine, then in others it looks really obviously thin.

I'd say you suit the buzzed look anyway, and you could definately get away with a grade 1/2 rather than a close to the skin cut if you actually wanted to.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
ive been on finasteride for like 2.5 years now and minoxidil for about a year (in addition to nizoral) its not the fairest comparison but check out my pics when I was younger on this site. My hair was longer so its not the best comparison but I think if nething ive gotten much worse.

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, you have the perfect hair for concealers...! Believe me! If you apply a shadow (...just a shadow!) of dark brown dermatch and put some hair-so-real or toppik...and master the way you use these two concealers..you will have very thick-looking hair. Sampoo with Jason thin to thick and Thicker-fuller-hair and dont forget nizoral 2%. All these products will work better if you have a bit longer hair...not shaved..But anyway, you are lucky to have a very good hairline. I have thicker hair than yours but my hairline sucks even after a hair transplant..

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
HairRebirth said:
Dude, you have the perfect hair for concealers...! Believe me! If you apply a shadow (...just a shadow!) of dark brown dermatch and put some hair-so-real or toppik...and master the way you use these two concealers..you will have very thick-looking hair. Sampoo with Jason thin to thick and Thicker-fuller-hair and dont forget nizoral 2%. All these products will work better if you have a bit longer hair...not shaved..But anyway, you are lucky to have a very good hairline. I have thicker hair than yours but my hairline sucks even after a hair transplant..

Who wants to mess with that stuff every day just to make his hair look ok?

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont think what I have can even be called hair lol. its all wisps. ghg i think ur hair is better by quite a bit

CaptSandy

Reaction score
I don't understand all the confusion about hair treatments. When I started to go bald they didn't have any of this stuff, at least I don't think they did because I never thought about it. I was 40 and mostly bald the first time I ever heard of Rogain. I'm 60 now and up until a couple of years ago I was skin bald on top and wicked thin on the siges. But I'm not any more:)

A couple of years ago I was watching a baseball ball game and I got to thinking about baldness. That was due in large part to a commercial for Avacor. The same ad ran between every inning. They showed a "Before and After" of the back of some guys head. The picture was on the screen for a second only. Honest. About the sixth time the commercial came on I got up real close to the screen to see what the language was. I am talking about the words I saw in very small print at the bottom of the screen in between the Before and After pictures. Can anyone of you guys think of what it said? Was it something like "Results may vary." Nope. In between the Before and After picture it said, and I quote, "60 Seconds Later."

In my view, that was Avacor's way of avoiding a law suite. Hey, if the difference between the two pictures happened in 60 seconds, then you know it wasn't as the result of hair growth. That add really pissed me off. I was so pissed off I went searching on the computer, and guess what I found.

I found a product that increases blood flow to the scalp naturally. Since I have been using this all natural magnetic roller my hair loss has completely stopped, and I have re-grown so much new hair in the thin areas that every time I get my hair cut now the barber has to use thinning sheers. I don't understand for the life of me why this product isn't on every store shelf in every store in the country. It's call Mag-Gro and the only place I ever saw it was on line.

Good luck to you. I you decide to use this magnetic roller I bet you will be surprised.