Tried .25mg of finasteride (4th time trying) and getting stomach, hip, and chest fat.

thedarkcolor

Reaction score
I'm a 25 year old male approaching a Norwood 4 or so. It's gotten to the point where my scalp is itchy and will burn incessantly if I don't take finasteride. I'm on my 4th or 5th trial of the drug, and every time I've gotten side effects. Mostly brain fog, breast pains, sleep issues, watery semen, lethargy, etc.

I've tried taking .25mg of finasteride for about 3 or 4 weeks now and while I've gotten past the brain fog, I still have issues sleeping when I have the drug in my system and I'm getting some really noticeable fat distribution in my stomach, chest, and hips. Not necessarily hard lumps but just lots of fat and weight gain. To the point where I now have a pot belly and small flabby breasts. I realize this is probably excess estrogen or estradiol due to aromatization, right? How do I combat this without dropping finasteride? I have an appointment with my dermatologist tomorrow, but I need some help or at least get pointed in the right direction.

Is it possible to balance out hormones so I'm seeing an increase of testosterone rather than estrogens while still blocking DHT?

Thanks everyone!

g.i joey

Reaction score
well how does one get rid of fat? workout.. give yourself that extra push now that you're on finasteride, you need to. You dont have as much dht burning away your fat anymore.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hope everything works out for you. The best thing to do would be to seek a doctor's opinion and see whether the sides go away while being off the medication. Zinc and regular exercise can help with your recovery.

What amazes me is that I see plenty of women who have real low levels of Testosterone but still being able to achieve better gains than some men who lead a rather sedentary lifestyle. It probably comes down to genetics, diet and leading an active lifestyle. Finasteride is capable of causing brain fog and watery semen but not all folks experience it. Weight gain might have very little to do with the drug and was probably a direct result of lethargy. If you want to continue taking the drug I suggest regular strength training and staying away from online forums for at least 3 months. If you still experience all of those side effects then it is pretty obvious that you are one of the unlucky ones.

thedarkcolor

Reaction score
Holy ****, I took .50mg last night before I went to sleep in an attempt to ramp up because .25mg didn't give me side effects the day prior and I've had THE WORST testicular pain. I honestly feel like I'm going to pass out. And my hands are going numb. This is so ****ing scary.