Tricomin

Zannie

Reaction score
Hi guys!!! I'm new here. I'm 35 years old and started noticing hairloss about 2 years ago. Needlessly said, I thought it was poor diet (not enough vitamins and protein), poor scalp care, stress, lack of exercise, not enough oxygen... pants too tight!! :lol: ... you name it... I thought it!

As I tried a series of dietary changes, nutritional supplements, pilates, change in shampoo... (I left the pants alone!!! ) :) ... I continued to lose hair, most often at an alarming rate which rendered me to the point of tears, crying as I watched my hair collect into the shower drain or gobs of it into my brush!!! Thank God I was voted most likely to be a stand-up comic in high school, otherwise I probably would have broken long ago!

Figuring out... (albeit, 2 years later)... this problem wasn't going away anytime too soon, I decided to spring into action!!! (YES!! You CAN laugh at the timeliness of my decision!!). I currently don't have health coverage, so I don't have the luxury of investigating the reasons for my hairloss! I HAVE noticed in photos of my mom a thining hairline about the temples, not unlike my own, about the time of her mid thirties, as well as my grandaunt and a female cousin. What does THIS have to do with anything?? I dunno, YOU tell ME!

Not having very many options, due mostly to not knowing what to start with or what the problem is, I started Tricomin (you know, the copper peptides) about a month ago. I also ordered some Folligen cream and lotion with Emu Oil (all from Skinbiology). Having read on other hairloss sites that Tricomin was an acceptable therapy I proceeded with the treatment, though dubious about the Folligen ( NO OFFENSE, HONESTLY! ... but has Dr Pickart used this stuff himself?? Checkin out the photo at the end of the Folligen article !!!)

In a little over a month, I've noticed less hairloss but NO regrowth... :cry: Has anyone had success with this treatment??? Any advise?? Am I just a fool!?? (Don't answer!) I'm afraid of Rogaine. I've heard people losing more hair with that stuff. Somebody educate me!

It's kinda tough to be going through this now!!! It's taken me THIS DANG LONG in life to find the guy of my dreams! We want to marry by the end of this year! He thinks I'm a beautiful woman... now. Do I warn him to stave off his plans because I could very well look like Linus of the Peanuts comic strip in the next few years... worse yet Charlie Brown!!! I'm laughing... but, I'm NOT laughing...

Help!

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Zannie,

Honesly I can't tell you whether or not Tricomin and Folligen alone will get you regrowth. They look promising but you just don't see that many success stories with them alone in a regimen.
Now for the regrowth your not seeing....Nobody should expect regrowth within a month. It just doesn't happen that fast. You have to give yourself at least 4-6 months of any treatment to tell if its having an impact. The fact that you're noticing less fallout within a month is a huge step in my eyes.
All that being said. I suggest you visit the sister site to hairlosstalk. It gets a lot more traffic and I'm sure you'll get more responses there
http://www.heralopecia.com/about.php
then just go into the forums. The username and password you use here should work there as well.

Hope this helps.

A

Administrator

BadHairDecade said:
The username and password you use here should work there as well.
This has recently been modified. HA forums now exist separately from HairLossTalk.com forums. You will need to reregister your username there.

Admin

Zannie

Reaction score
Hair loss sister site!

Thanks Guys!!

I'm there!!!
:wave: