Tricomin

diskobox

Reaction score
This stuff is definitely making my scalp itch.

Will this stop eventually?

I'm just worried about doing any damage.

diskobox

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm starting to think that Folligen is far superior to Tricomin.

I emailed the guy that created both, and he said:

"I think Folligen is far better - at least it is in the mouse models. We just have not yet spent
the $80 million spent at Procyte.

Also, I have no idea what is meant by Tricomin having a superior delievery system. Sounds like hype from salesmen."

Also, Tricomin uses a watered-down version of the one that went through FDA testing. The blue dye is in there to give it the look of copper peptides, Folligen is naturally blue-green.

I'm glad I only bought a $20 bottle of Tricomin. :?

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
Diskobox,

I guess I'll be a good arbitrator concerning which is better. I've been using American Crew Revitalize for over three months now and i am about to purchase Folligen spray. Of course I plan on using both.

The 4 oz trial bottle gave three and a half months and I just purchased the 6 oz bottle. So now with the 8 oz bottle of folligen and the 6 oz bottle of Revitalize I should be set for a year or more in that department!

diskobox

Reaction score
Meh, I'm switching to Folligen. I asked Procyte a question two weeks ago with no answer. I asked about applying it as well as whether or not the formula sold to the public is different from the one in the FDA tests.

cas9

Reaction score
:?: Can anyone tell me how long the tricomin trico pack lasts for? I'm trying to figure out how affordable it is. Aso, what do people think about foligin as a less expensive alternative to tricom?

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using this stuff for three weeks and I'm addicted to it because it makes my scalp feel great .I mean its a good sensation not stinging and annoying like minoxidil . I would use it even if I had most my hair .I feel a regime is the only way to go for the serious members , tric is a great add on to a regime and should not be expected to do great things on its own . I feel it is doing great things along with my other products .

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
oh yeah , by the way foligen leaves the scalp and hair slightly greenish in color and has a sting to it as opposed to tric .

JJ Gittes

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't believe Pickart makes any money from sales of Tricomin (even if he was one of the inventors of cp technology), whereas he very obviously makes money from the sales of Folligen, so I would take what he says about Folligen's superiority with a grain o' salt, laddies.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
jj gittes

I agree, I mean if folligen works then great, but its not the amount neccessarily its the type of copper peptide and the delivery that sets procyte's (tricomin/crew rev.) ahead of the comp. I would probably use Dr procotors formula (generic prox-n) before folligen. my hair is real light and I dont it turning green.....

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Several questions about Tricomin (just got my first bottle)

1. Apply before, after, during minoxidil?
2. How much to apply? The bottle says "liberally" but I'd like to make it last a while.
3. Where's the love?

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil causes inflamation which can be counter productive so you'll want to use it preferably a couple hours after min application . You want it to last but you'll have to get your head nice and soppy wet to the point of having a few drips run down your forehead . Thats when you get the benefit of copper peptide not a couple of squirts . If your hair is long thats not good because half the liquid will be caught by hair .

Recedingguy

Reaction score
My experience (& a question)..

Hi,

Will try to make this short. I have tried Propecia, spironolactone 2%, Revivogen, minoxidil 2% but these all gave me bad headaches and some sort of dizziness. Have been using 1% Nizoral for about 6 months.

So I decided to order some Tricomin and found it gave a slight headache when I use it, but not nearly as much as the stuff mentioned above. Therefore, I diluted it by half with distilled water and have been using it for about 4 weeks.

I get a slight headache still, even at this diluted concentration, but all my hair has got much thicker and is growing back strong in previousl thin area. It is quite amazing (hope it lasts). I also decided to not shampoo my hair every day, but every second day (rotate Nizoral with Head and Shoulders).

Just wanted to share my experience with Tricomin, and ask if anyone has any idea why I get a headache when using something as supposedly weak as Tricomin?? Never heard of anyone gettting side effects from copper peptides, although I did read on the internet that copper can be a cause of headaches..

Thanks a bunch..

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: My experience (& a question)..

Recedingguy said:
Hi,

Will try to make this short. I have tried Propecia, spironolactone 2%, Revivogen, minoxidil 2% but these all gave me bad headaches and some sort of dizziness. Have been using 1% Nizoral for about 6 months.

Just wanted to share my experience with Tricomin, and ask if anyone has any idea why I get a headache when using something as supposedly weak as Tricomin?? Never heard of anyone gettting side effects from copper peptides, although I did read on the internet that copper can be a cause of headaches..

Thanks a bunch..

Ive tried minoxidil, folligen and revivogen in the past, they all more or less made me feal crappy and gave me headaches plus skinproblems!
The topicals that didnt make me feel like that are tricomin and american crew (basically the same ingridients by the way).
The answer is propably the alcohol in the products, if your scalp absorbs it well maybe you get an allergic reaction to it causing headaches , skinproblems etc.
Both minoxidil and folligen have propylene glycol in them but Im not sure about revivogen (I know that propylene glycol sometimes causes allergic skinreaction when used in different skincreams etc).
Its a real b**ch because u cant use the best topicals out there!