Tricomin

alana

Reaction score
I recently had Tricomin recommended to me, and I was wondering if any women had any experiences with it they would like to share. I have researched the product, but it always helps to hear what people who have actually used it think. :D

Lee

Reaction score
I have not tried Tricoman but am interested in hearing if any women have tried it and what were the results.

I recently ordered Revivogen in hopes that that will help grow hair and reduce shedding.

I was using Rogaine for Women - but had to stop. I was on it for a little less than two months and noticed a significant increase in hair growth in the crown area and practicall NO shedding whatsoever! I thought this would be my dream come true since I noticed results so quickly. Rogaine claims that a difference will be seen in about 4 months. So you can imagine how pleased I was with the results.

Unfortunately, I started to experience severe chest pain, (which is one of the side effects) and had to stop. :( But I'd rather be alive than have no hair right?!

If any ladies have used anything that works, please pass it on. Thanks.

Lee

peppy

Reaction score
Something to share

:lol: I used Rogaine for several years. My hair did grow back considerably, just not quite enough. Then one day I noticed some bare spots up there. More balding has occurred and I am still using Rogaine.

I have started using Dermatch. It won't grow hair but it does an excellent job covering up bare spots. I have considerable bare spots. Dermatch costs $34 and it is sort of like cake make-up. It is said to be an 8 months' supply. Has a little sponge applicator you wet, get some of the Dermatch on it, rub it on the bare spots on your scalp. Comb through. I swear it then, all you can see is hair, no bare. Your own hair is full enough to cover baldness and you could fool anyone.

The product doesn't seem to remain as color on your scalp,but goes into the hair shaft, or on it, enlarging the hair shaft so that the hair you do have, swells and covers the bald spot.

I do like Dermatch very much. If you don't like the first color you order, the company will send you another color free.

Hope this helps. I would rather have my hair grow back, of course, but this is the next best thing I have found.

Lee

Reaction score
Hi Peppy! Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear that the bald spots are increasing even though you're still on Rogaine. That's interesting!

The Dermatch sounds like a good cover-up. I also use a cover-up called Toppik. It's fibers are made out of keratin, which comes in different colors as does the Dermatch. You sprinkle it on the thinning areas like a powder. It does not go on the bald spots like Dermatch does. The Toppik is great! If you ever want to give it a try, go to Toppik.com (I believe that the website for it).

But I'm still on the hunt for something that will prevent shedding and grow hair in the crown. Happy hunting to us all!!

Lee

peppy

Reaction score
Toppik

Lee, thanks for responding. If I run low on Dermatch I will try Toppik. If only I could take the superfluous hair on my face and put it on my head I would come out a winner. Struggling with that too. Is anyone else? :oops:

Lee

Reaction score
I haven't experienced a problem with hair on the face. But then again, I was only using Rogaine for a little less than 2 months before I had to stop.

I got braids in my hair now. To give my hair a break from chemicals and to help it grow. I plan to leave them in for a year (having them redone every 3 months) and see what happens. It sure is a relief to not have to worry about my hair for a while!!! :lol:

Ltlhornet

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had tried Tricomin...I was interested in trying it out to see if it would help me grow my hair back. I am 17 and have Alopecia Universilas....If you used this let me know!! Or I'd be glad to know what else has helped you or someone you know with a similar problem!! THANKS!! :lol:

Cricket

Reaction score
I've been using Tricomin and Folligen for a couple of weeks, but haven't noticed anything yet. I don't know if it's too soon to tell, or if it really is doing nothing.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Cricket -

Any legitimate treatment will take a minimum of 4 to 6 months to start working, so give it time.

HairLossTalk.com

patrips

Reaction score
I have tried and still using Tricomin

Hi, I read a few posts with women who have questions about Tricomin. I just recently purchased Tricomin, and I personally have had some results. I was going through a terrible shedding process, I've dealt with this problem for about 7 years now. I've tried just about everything, even Hair Advantage that claimed it would regrow hair. It didn't. With Tricomin, the shedding is very minimal compared to the way it used to be. It was nice to see results right away, which was surprising. I haven't had any regrowth obviously because it hasn't been long enough. I also ordered Crinagen a few weeks later, which seemed to reduce the shedding even more. I also use Rogaine, but using that alone did nothing for the extreme shedding. It may eventually help with regrowth, but that still remains to be seen. I had used it before, and had minimal results. Of course, when I stopped, the new hair fell back out as they said it would. With Tricomin and Crinagen, I hope to use only this as a more natural way to reduce the hair loss and possibly some regrowth. I'll keep you posted, just thought you might want to hear of some actual results from another woman. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at patrips@iwon.com. Being a woman dealing with this for years, I know how devastating it can be. Thanks. :D

patrips

Reaction score
I recently put a post out that you might be interested in reading. I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis, and have tried multiple remedies. I've tried Tricomin, and so far pleased with the results. My ID is patrips, if you have questions, please feel free to contact me.

Ltlhornet said:
I was just wondering if anyone had tried Tricomin...I was interested in trying it out to see if it would help me grow my hair back. I am 17 and have Alopecia Universilas....If you used this let me know!! Or I'd be glad to know what else has helped you or someone you know with a similar problem!! THANKS!! :lol:

Nay

Reaction score
Tricomin user

I have used Tricomin for about a month now. (I am a 25 yrs old female with Androgenetic Alopecia.) I had been using Nioxin for the last two years and after watching it progressively thin out still, I added Revivogen two months ago and then Tricomin.

So far, what I have noticed about Tricomin is that my scalp is itchier on the days I use it. It constantly itches. Also, I don't shed as much on the days I use Tricomin.

No big changes yet but I know it will take time. I will keep you informed as I continued to use it. No complaints with this product so far.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Nay, did you have any itching when on Revivogen alone? For me, Revivogen definitely causes itching when i use it 2x a day for a few days. I've made sure that it is the revivogen causing it too. I've never heard of Tricomin causing irritation... in fact... many people use it to reduce irritation from other products.

HairLossTalk.com

Nay

Reaction score
Tricomin & Revivogen

I used Revivogen for a month before using Tricomin and did not notice any itching. All I had with Revivogen was tons of flaking (not of my scalp skin but of the product itself).

It is frustrating because when I use Tricomin, my head itches so much that it makes the Revivogen buildup & flaking worse since I am itching my scalp. I find large Revivogen flakes in my hair.

I like the Tricomin other than the constant itching. I use it 1-2 a week and the days I use it is when I noticed the itching. (The other days I alternate Nizoral, T-GEL, & Revivogen shampoo and do not have any itching.)

What are others experiences with Tricomin? Thanks...

diskobox

Reaction score
Yeah, I just started Tricomin and it seems to itch a bit after using it. I never had any itching before.

patrips

Reaction score
Re: Tricomin & Revivogen

I personally never used Revivogen, but I so use Tricomin, Nizoral, and Crinagen. I haven't experienced any itching until I introduced Crinagen into the mix. And mostly at the back of my neck, not on my scalp. I notice if I don't use the nizoral at least 2 times a week, I start itching on my scalp. But I also suffer from seborrheic dermatitis, so I had itching before. I had used the Head and Shoulders Intensive Treatment and that wasn't help the dermatitis. So far I've had good results in the short time I've been using the Tricomin, my daily hair loss is what I would consider almost normal. Too early to tell about regrowth, but I'll keep you posted. Good luck to all, this is a very frustrating problem for many women.

Nay

Reaction score
Tricomin, Crinagen

Hi Patrips,

How long have you been dealing with hair loss? Do you have Telogen Effluvium or Androgenetic Alopecia? How long have you been using Tricomin & Nizoral? Can you tell me a little more about your experience with Crinagen? What do you like & dislike about it? (I have never tried it & am considering if I should.)

I am 25 and have been dealing with losing my hair (and not getting it back) for the last two years (Androgenetic Alopecia). I am using Nioxin products, Tricomin, T-GEL, Nizoral, & Revivogen. I also take biotin & a hair/nail/skin supplement. Do you take any supplements?

Thanks for your post...as we all try to learn more.

diskobox

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm starting to think that Folligen is far superior to Tricomin.

I emailed the guy that created both, and he said:

"I think Folligen is far better - at least it is in the mouse models. We just have not yet spent
the $80 million spent at Procyte.

Also, I have no idea what is meant by Tricomin having a superior delievery system. Sounds like hype from salesmen."

Also, Tricomin uses a watered-down version of the one that went through FDA testing. The blue dye is in there to give it the look of copper peptides, Folligen is naturally blue-green.

I'm glad I only bought a $20 bottle of Tricomin. :?

patrips

Reaction score
Re: Tricomin, Crinagen

Hi, sorry it took me so long to respond, I took a couple weeks off and went out of town. I'm 30 and have been experiencing hair loss now for about 7 or 8 years. It came about a few years after my first child. I've been to multiple dermatologists and have not really been given a true 'diagnosis'. Other than it's a form of Alopecia. I have a hair loss all over my scalp, and somewhat thin in the front, fortunately not to the point where other people notice until I point it out. I've used multiple products, including the Nioxin system. It didn't work, but I do like the restructuring conditioner. I've also used Minoxidil, but had to stop that due to chest pains. I've used it off and on for the past 5 or 6 years, but of course when you stop using Minoxidil, the hair that grew back falls out. They (doctors) attribute some of my hair loss to seborrheic dermatitis. Which means my scalp gets inflamed and itchy, and a little flaky, but not much, not like regular dandruff. I had used Nizoral before when it was available only be prescription, and am now using the over the counter 1%. It helps keep the inflammation and itching to a minimum. I also tried the head and shoulders intenstive treatment, which is specifically for the SD, but it dries your hair terribly, particularly if you color your hair. One doctor had give me a topical corticosteroid (sp?), which also helped, but I'm w/out medical insurance right now, so that's not an option. I tried some stuff called Hair Advantage, a $150 for a month suoply! But guaranteed to grow your hair back. Mind you it's only a 30 day money back guarantee and they claim in can take up to 6 months to work. I didn't see any reduction in hair loss at all, so I gave up on that. Right now, I'm using Tricomin every day, along w/ the follicle therapy spray, and use nizoral about twice a week. When I use the nizoral, I shampoo with tricomin after the nizoral to have the effects of both. Fortunately, I've seen a dramatic reduction in hair loss. And my beautician says she sees 1 inch hairs all over my scalp that are new hair (they can tell whether it's breakage or new hair by the texture if they have been doing hair for awhile). I also purchased Crinagen, which claims to be a a DHT blocker, which is one of the main reasons we lose our hair. I use that before bed, and sometimes before I dry my hair. It does have Tea Tree oil which is supposed to be very good for seborrheic, and also saw palmetto, which is supposed to have many positive effects on various parts of the body. So all in all, this is the first time I've had positive results, I consider myself one of the fortunate one's at this time. But who knows, it could stop working like other products I've tried and I'll be back to the product testing roller coaster. I'm praying it will continue to work. I noticed the post about the Folligen (I believe that's what he called it), I haven't tried that one, but thinking about it after he said the tricomin is watered down. But I had to ruin a good thing here, maybe I'll try both at the same time and get even more results. I sure would like to know where he got it for $20 though, I paid $85 for shampoo and conditioner and follicle therapy spray. I wish you luck, I know the frustration and bouts of depression I've suffered over my own hair loss, I can only imagine what other women must be going through who have it much worse than I. Please feel free to contact me personally at patrips@iwon.com if you have any other questions or reply another post and I'll reply. Good luck! :)

Nay said:
Hi Patrips,

How long have you been dealing with hair loss? Do you have Telogen Effluvium or Androgenetic Alopecia? How long have you been using Tricomin & Nizoral? Can you tell me a little more about your experience with Crinagen? What do you like & dislike about it? (I have never tried it & am considering if I should.)

I am 25 and have been dealing with losing my hair (and not getting it back) for the last two years (Androgenetic Alopecia). I am using Nioxin products, Tricomin, T-GEL, Nizoral, & Revivogen. I also take biotin & a hair/nail/skin supplement. Do you take any supplements?

Thanks for your post...as we all try to learn more.