Tricomin Spray Vs. Folligen

Griffen

Reaction score
As soon as I have the cash I will buy the spray from either Tricomin or Follogen. Just want to know if anyone prefers one over the other and why. Im looking for something to keep my scalp properly moisturized as my head tends to dry out after I use shampoo. Also I hear these sprays fight off the redness and itching.

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I used Folligen spray before and now I am on Tricomin.
Folligen really stings the scalp..it actually cause wounds on my scalp and irritation. I never had problems or irritations of any kind before.
Tricomin doesn't sting and I thing it's a better product. I also woun't leave your hair messy. It's a bit more expensive, but it's wotrh it. I recommand Tricomin.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
did you read the literature that comes with folligen regarding the irritation that you might experience when starting it?

Its quite clear that you may need to dilute the solution with water if this occurs. (This happens to about 5% of those who try it.) This irritation "caused" by folligen is the reaction of a scalp which is not in good health. Its similar to putting hydrogen peroxide on a cut or wound. As your scalp gets into better condition this will not happen.

I have said before that folligen is the superior product. Not as cosmetically appealing as tricomin but has a higher concentration of copper peptides, among other things. I have used folligen, folligen for blondes, emu oil, and tricomin all for extended periods of time before I have come to that conclusion regarding its effectiveness for myself.

Felk

Reaction score
Does it really have a higher concentration of cps?

I thought no one really knew how much cps were in tricomin?

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. Of course I read about the irritation thing. But dilluting it seemed ackward...I want to use the product and not to deal with it. I am a pharmacist myself so I have no problem whatsoever to dillute it, but didn't feel like "playing" with it. About the other thing you wrote, I think it's completely untrue - the irritation has NOTHING to do with the health condiotion of the scalp...My scalp is perfect. No dandruff no nothing. I have never had problems with any topical treatment before. Ultra high concentration of CP is not suitable for everyone. Just like Propylen Glycol isn't. There are some people who can't bear the PPG in Regain or other generic formulations of Minoxidil, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the health of their scalp. Of course damaged scalp or wounds with burn even if you apply a shampoo. I am not talking about that.

Good luck,
Eliaz

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you but i am correct. By the way, there is no ppg in folligen. Take it like a man and just use it! :)

ShedMaster

Reaction score
"Folligen's biological effect on hair is similar to, but more effective than, other copper-peptideproducts such as Graftcyte and Tricomin which are skin repair products that aid hair growth and scalp health."

"Folligen Solution has 9.0 times more copper peptides per ounce than Concentrated Graftcyte® and 31.8 times more copper peptides per ounce than Tricomin® (Source - Evergreen Analytical Labs, Redmond, WA).

http://www.malessentials.com/assets/pro ... lligen.pdf

Hmmm... any comments?!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I've tried:

Tricomin
Folligen
American Crew Revitalize Spray
American Crew Revitalize Serum

Tricomin probably works the best to save your hairloss. It also FEELS the best.

Next is Folligen. It feels great when I apply it, but I hate how it turns my scalp green. It lasts forever.

I like American Crew Revitalize Spray for its pleasant smell. It hardly makes my scalp feel much better.

The ACR Serum is great for the hairline. I really think it helped to bolden my hairline for a while.

I give Tricomin the best rating, followed by Folligen, then the AC line.

Felk

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
"Folligen's biological effect on hair is similar to, but more effective than, other copper-peptideproducts such as Graftcyte and Tricomin which are skin repair products that aid hair growth and scalp health."

"Folligen Solution has 9.0 times more copper peptides per ounce than Concentrated Graftcyte® and 31.8 times more copper peptides per ounce than Tricomin® (Source - Evergreen Analytical Labs, Redmond, WA).

http://www.malessentials.com/assets/pro ... lligen.pdf

Hmmm... any comments?!

So did they test both products or something? Because even Bryan said nobody knows for sure with tricomin, but the most reliable evidence we have says its around 2%.

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedmaster,
where did you see I thought there was PPG in Folligen??? Read my post again.
I only gave an example, that just like there are people who are sensitive to PPG in other solutions, very high concentration of CP can be problematic too. Like in my case. Believe me, I tried to use it but no matter what I tried my scalp couldn't bear it.....I tried every other day, then twice a week but my scalp never got used to it. It's just kep stinging.
I really prefer the Tricomin version, which I can stick to and use it every day without a problem.

Good luck,
Eliaz

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Fair enough my friend. If you can take the folligen then in my opinion and according to the data, its a much better product. Much cheaper too, but somewhat messier to use.

beaner

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
Sorry to disappoint you but i am correct. By the way, there is no ppg in folligen. Take it like a man and just use it! :)

There is PPG in Folligen

Ingredients from Skinbiology website:

Folligen Solution Therapy Spray - Item No. 23
This water-based Folligen comes with a sprayer for application.
Product Ingredients - Purified water, aloe vera gel, copper peptides (hydrolyzed soy protein and copper chloride), glycerin, propylene glycol, polysorbate-20, allantoin, diazolinydinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, herbal fragrance.

Felk

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
Fair enough my friend. If you can take the folligen then in my opinion and according to the data, its a much better product. Much cheaper too, but somewhat messier to use.

In response to your original statement of the strength of the foligen cps:

It is much stronger, but the cps they use are apparently a big mix of random cps, which aren't specifically proven to work like the tricomin ones. Are you stil of the opinion that it much better?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Felk said:
ShedMaster said:

In response to your original statement of the strength of the foligen cps:

It is much stronger, but the cps they use are apparently a big mix of random cps, which aren't specifically proven to work like the tricomin ones. Are you stil of the opinion that it much better?

thank you for your in depth analysis, you have completely changed my mind. .. No dude, all I can state is that I have used 3 types of peptides, one being tin peptides, and 2 being copper peptides. Tricomin and folligen were not even in the same class for me as far as effectiveness. I used each product for substantial time with all other treatments remaining static. Tricomin did nothing for me. Do I need to type this again?

Felk

Reaction score
haha, sorry for very vague description. Anyway, here is what I mean. It was a post by michael barry i believe...

"Dr. Loren Pickart, the inventor of the peptide product that is Tricomin (on which American Crew copper peptides are based) also invented Folligen, which is a bunch of random copper peptides when you dissolve cupric chloride in soy protein. Folligen is quite concentrated, but who is to say if these random peptides are as good as the lysine, alanine, hysitidl peptide complex in tricomin.

and

" Again though, the lysine, alanine, hystidil copper complex in tricomin has been tested by the FDA and a South Korean dermatological study that I posted on here a while back. The RANDOM peptides that result when one mixes copper and soy protiens havent been tested by a third party to my knowledge, but the inventor of both, Pickart, states that Folligen performs better on his lab animals (but he has a financial interest in saying this)."

Now- no you don't need to post your experiences with the cps again. Not to sound rude, but one person's experience with each product is hardly a reliable guide. I would however like you to post again in answer to my original question about Evergreen Analytical Labs, as Bryan said recently that no one really knows the exact concentration of cps in tricomin.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
felk, thanks for the reponse. All I can really do is post my experiences with each product. I know this may not mean much to you but I'm not a chemist so I can not tell you why scientifically one is better then the other. I posted what the creator's opinion was between the two products (whom created both folligen and tricomin and currently sells both) so I don't understand what financial stake he could possibly have by recommending a cheaper and longer lasting product?

As far as the research done by Evergreen Analytical Labs on copper peptides, I didn't watch the testing being done so of course I have to rely on their published reports. Which of the peptides are more benefitial to be I really don't know. Fortunately the price of each product is not too unreasonable so I choose the route of using each product for 6 months minimum, and then commenting on its effectiveness. For me that was folligen, tricomin, folligen for blondes with occasationally emu oil, then now back to folligen.

I hope we can look back in 5-10 years and really laugh at all these rediculous topical hairloss treatments that we all experimented and debated on because hopefully baldness will be completely a thing of the past. I never thought 5 years ago that I would be having a argument on a hairloss forum about copper peptides. :)

good luck.

rockinreel

Reaction score
I've never tried tricomin. I think it is too expensive. However, I give Folligen two thumbs up. I agree with shedmaster.

tricomin is lab tested, but field tests, such as shedmasters, means more than lab tests to me. It's really hard to decipher what works and doesn't work on this site b/c most people posting are just trying products.

I had already been using propecia and minoxidil for a long time. Decided to add folligen and started experiencing very obvious new growth. The product amazed me.

CCS

Reaction score
Bryan says tricomin is 2% CP. If folligen has 31 times as much CP as Tricomin, that would be 62% CP. That would be a paste, not a liquid. Obvioiusly either the lab is wrong, or the representative lied to Bryan.

Griffen

Reaction score
Ok... Since my first post on this thread I've had time to test both Tricomin and Folligen sprays firsthand. And the winner is... Folligen! But really what I've learned is that I wasnt even needing a CP in the first place but some sort of moisturizing or conditioning spray for my dry scalp and hair. For this reason the Tricomin spray was absolutely dreadful! The alcohol made my problems worse and in the end it may have caused some shedding :( The Folligen spray is much less irritating and immediately improves the appearance of my hair making it look thicker and easier to style. Although it does leave some green on my skin if im not careful. I used both sprays in the same manner, a few pumps to the front and hairline while my hair was still wet after a shower. I know the Tricomin spray has plenty of positive feedback in here but its just not for me, if anyone wants a 95% full bottle of the stuff post a reply saying so and I will gladly part with it for next to nothing. I even have the shampoo and conditioner to go with it. I think I will hold on to the Folligen for the ocassional cosmetic boost or perhaps it will come in handy when I start using minoxidil. I feel so stupid... I wasn't using nizoral regularly before because it made my scalp and hair soo dry, but with daily use of conditioner I can now tolerate the nizoral and all the redness and itching is GONE! Glory hallaleighuahyahkjhas;dfuih!! Now I am seeking a conditioner that leaves my hair with some life (not so flat and ugly), as well as some sort of spray-in moisturizer with non-hair-flattening properties for whenever I may need it throughout the day. I know I've gotten totally of the subject of what copper peptides are intended for but what can I say im a hair n00b and maybe my experience will help someone else with dry skin