Tricomin/spironolactone/Nizoral as a regimen?

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello --

My regimen's been Rogaine, Tricomin, and Nizoral for the past little while. I've decided not to use Propecia for all the reasons people don't want to use Propecia (I don't want to get into it more than that). So my question is, what do you guys think of regimen of Tricomin, spironolactone (Dr. Lee's odourless, 5% cream), and Nizoral? That way I'd have the DHT inhibitor (spironolactone), a growth stimulant (Tricomin/copper peptides), and something that's good for the scalp (Nizoral).

I read that although Tricomin never went to the next stage in the FDA trials, it did promote as much growth as regular strength Rogaine. I'm thinking of dropping Rogaine because, to be honest, I think the stuff is a pain in the ***. Also, when I apply Rogaine AND Tricomin spray, my hair gets real greasy and weird looking.

Thoughts? Opinions? I guess I could also just add Dr. Lee's quick drying minoxidil to this regimen, but if I could have one less topical, I'd be a happy man....

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'd honestly add the spironolactone in addition to everything.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd stick in the Rogaine. I know it's a pain in the *** but just do what I and a lot of other people do. Apply it only at night.

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Packers--

Have you noticed any regrowth from only 1 application/day? I notice you've been using the stuff for almost a year....

Anyone else have any thoughts on a regimen of tricomin/spironolactone/nizoral? Or is the general consensus to stick with minoxidil?

I'm starting to wonder about all these topicals. I don't know if it's just coincedence, but I've been feeling pretty shitty health-wise ever since I started using Tricomin and Rogaine. Nothing serious - I just feel kind of run down and like I've got a nagging cold. Maybe it's just coincedence? I just moved to a new city and I've been really busy, so it could just be that....

JustAddHair

Reaction score
im dropping minoxidil after 6 weeks, gets me bloated and i dont wanna be dependent on it.

gonna start tricomin soon, cps are better

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Not much regrowth but I haven't been losing either. To me, it's either Rogaine once a day or no Rogaine at all. The decision was pretty easy for me.

exstatic

Reaction score
I use minoxidil, at night after a shower, then about 10-15mins later the 5% spironolactone cream.. this works reasonably well, and I am seeing results, and no need to have dodgey hair through the day.

So in answer to your questions, 1 application of minoxidil per day seems fine for me, with the occasional 2nd application in the monring if I am not doing much for the day, but thats very rare. 1-2 a month if that.

I also use Nizoral every now and then, as well as t-gel on the other days.. I just added AC to the mix also since my minoxidil has run out, and I cant get any for a week or so.

Hope that helps.

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who posted with their thoughts - it's good to hear what real people think who are using this stuff and aren't going completely overboard with it.

It's weird - I've gone two days now without using minoxidil or Tricomin and the fuzzy headache/sorethroat feelings I had cleared up almost immediately. I never applied more than 2mL of either product on any day, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm going to order Dr. Lee's spironolactone and quick drying minoxidil once I get my money situation organized, then I'll get back on a regimen and see what happens. I'm thinking I'll shoot for applying the stuff twice a day, but if it doesn't work out or if it makes my hair look crappy, I'll drop to once a day.

Thanks again to everyone who gave me some feedback. Much appreciated.

JWM

Reaction score
Extatic. You apply both minoxidil and spironolactone in the morning? Doesn't this make your head smell and mess up your hair?