Tricomin Or Folligen- the old debate

Redbone

Reaction score
I want to try a copper peptied spray and was very interested in Tricomin because of its stelllar reputation and alos because they give it to H/T patients to use after they get an H/T.

Though if you look at the price of Tricomin it is out right expensive at $46 per month plus shipping. You can get 2oz more of Folligen spray for about half that price. Can anyoune support an argument as to why anyone should buy the much more expensive Tricomin and is it in fact that muc better?

I am a poor guy who struggles with money but I want the most effective product for my hair.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Redbone said:
I want to try a copper peptied spray and was very interested in Tricomin because of its stelllar reputation and alos because they give it to H/T patients to use after they get an H/T.

Though if you look at the price of Tricomin it is out right expensive at $46 per month plus shipping. You can get 2oz more of Folligen spray for about half that price. Can anyoune support an argument as to why anyone should buy the much more expensive Tricomin and is it in fact that muc better?

I am a poor guy who struggles with money but I want the most effective product for my hair.

I don't understand how Folligen can have more copper-peptides per bottle than Tric - but Tric is supposedley better?

I bought a bottle of folligen 6 months ago - and I'm only 1/2 way through it - so I can't tell you which is better - but I can at least trell you that the Folligen is VERY cost-effective.

Cassin

Reaction score
Redbone said:
Though if you look at the price of Tricomin it is out right expensive at $46 per month plus shipping.

That bottle will last you a very long time. I am about to tap out of my first bottle I bought. I can't even remember when I bought it. Months and Months ago. I just bought 2 bottles and I expect it to last over a year. And I use it every day. You only need 1 ML and that is if you use it every day.

Redbone said:
You can get 2oz more of Folligen spray for about half that price. Can anyoune support an argument as to why anyone should buy the much more expensive Tricomin and is it in fact that muc better?

I have used both. I used Folligen for half a year and I liked it, but I find the color horrible. It turns your scalp a sickly green color when used with Minoxidil. I like using my regimen whenever I want and I want it to be invisible. So with fast drying Minoxidil with Dr Lee and Tricomin (which is applied clear) no one could ever tell I am using anything withing 15 minutes of application. Well worth the extra premium to me.

Redbone said:

Me too man. :(

My regimen cost is only around $35 though. :thumbs_up:

hair_tomorrow said:
I don't understand how Folligen can have more copper-peptides per bottle than Tric - but Tric is supposedley better?

Folligen has many copper-peptides, Tricomon has only one type. Now, is that 1 type better than the Copper-Peptide buffet found in Folligen? Who knows! I don't.

VWdude said:
American crew revitalize spray....

Very good stuff. I loved it.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Redbone said:
I want to try a copper peptied spray .......

Well, for my purposes, I'll go though the rest of my bottle of Folligen. Figure that 1/2 bottle should last me another 6 months or so using 4x per week.

Maybe when it's time for a refill I'll switch to Tric - just to mix things up a bit.

Good luck w/ whatever you decide.

Redbone

Reaction score
I have used both and Tri is much more user friendly as far as application and ease of use. Folligen smells kinda funky and is much stickier than Tri. I have dark brown hair so the color of Folligen doesnt bother me. The smell and stickiness do though.

Cass thanks for the reply. I am going to spray it on my head as the dropper method doesn't work for me.

I highly suggest some form of copper peptides for newbies because it will definately help the excisting hair grow stronger and fuller.

Do they still Make Crew Revitalize?? I went to many hair supply outlets as my wife is a stylist and they canned all of that crew line in favor of new crew products? The Crew product contains Saw Palmetto also which is a detraction for me.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Redbone said:
. . .

Do they still Make Crew Revitalize?? I went to many hair supply outlets as my wife is a stylist and they canned all of that crew line in favor of new crew products? The Crew product contains Saw Palmetto also which is a detraction for me.

I've never used american crew - but I always see it available at the local supermarket and while window shopping at the mall.

You can also buy it here on-line:

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp79998_33318 ... lution.htm

I've purchased from drugstore.com a few times, and they're a safe bet.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I agree with Cassin. I have blondish hair so I didn't like the color it turned my hair. Even after washing it out, it was still ever so slightly dyed that greenish color.

I have used both tricomin and folligen, and I think that folligen was definetely better. Tricomin was better cosmetically but I don't think it helped my hair condition.

I am currently using folligen for blondes, which comes in a cream, and really like it a lot so far. I'm using it in conjunction with emu oil every other day, which is pretty greasy, but if it helps theother topical treatments then I can live with it.

Dr. Packard also recommended giving the treatments a rest for a week during the last week of the month. Somehow giving the follicles a rest should make them react better, so I am trying that also.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
Dr. Packard also recommended giving the treatments a rest for a week during the last week of the month. Somehow giving the follicles a rest should make them react better, so I am trying that also.

He said what? If you're using Folligen - to NOT use it the last week of the month? C'mon back.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
Redbone,

OT: Since you have been on Dr. Lewenberg treatment, how do you evaluate it now, I'm considering buying it.

Thanks in advance.

Redbone

Reaction score
LEWENBERGS TREATMENT IS sh*t. I spent so much time and pain scraping together that $200 a mont for nothing more than a scam artists product. It is pure crapola and probably one of the biggest rip-offs in history.

Hey Shed did you try the Folli spray for Blonde hair? It has aluminum Peptides instead of copper. I liked the feeling of Tricomin but for twice the price of Folligen there better be some major advantage.

viperfish

Reaction score
I have blonde hair too, and like most of you with blonde hair I found the folligen to slightly turn it green. I have always wondered about the aluminum peptides for blondes. However, where is the research to support the aluminum? I wish I could hear from someone who has been using it for awhile. I seem to remember Dr. Pickart saying that the aluminum may even be better for the hair than copper. It has simply not been tested throughly. :?

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally I use Tricomin, after researching on both products for two months.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
ShedMaster said:

He said what? If you're using Folligen - to NOT use it the last week of the month? C'mon back.

Thats correct. Its written in the literature that came with the folligen for blondes. I emailed him about this asking him why.. heres his response.

> Why do you recommend that you take a week break from the folligen and
> emu oil for the last week of the month? Do you mean from minoxidil also?
>

You don't have to take a break but many products work better if the
follicles are without them for a time.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Heres his reponse when I emailed him about its effectiveness and what he thought about folligen for blondes..

>> I think the tin-peptides may be better for both hair and nails but
>> the Folligen was an accident and we don't have a large amount of data
>> on the tin but
>> most reports are very good.
>>

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Redbone said:
Hey Shed did you try the Folli spray for Blonde hair? It has aluminum Peptides instead of copper. I liked the feeling of Tricomin but for twice the price of Folligen there better be some major advantage.

I tried tricomin, folligen, and folligen for blondes.

I know that Folligen for blondes is tin peptides, regular folligen is copper peptides. I didn't realize there was a folligen spray for blonde hair? It has aluminum peptides?

Redbone

Reaction score
Yes, I believe I saw it about a year or so back Shed....

Tricomin is going to look better through research because they have done more than Folligen and they have more published studies. I noticed the same thing when I researche them years ago. It was only til I came hear and heard others talking good about Folligen that I gave it a try.

It Tri sells for double the price of Folligen for 2oz less, but that does not mean it works twice as good. I admit that I did like the way Tricomin kept my hair soft- Folligen leaves it tacky, but I can live with that.

In the end I believe they are both great products

ShedMaster

Reaction score
redbone, or should I say milfhunter, do you know anyone who has tried the folligen for blondes spray? sounds interesting.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
redbone, or should I say milfhunter, do you know anyone who has tried the folligen for blondes spray? sounds interesting.

The fact that I got that joke makes me so sad....