tricomin + folligen

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone use Tricomin or Folligen? If so, how are your results? Does it REGROW hair or pretty much just maintain it?

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been using Tricomin for about 5 months and finasteride & nizoral for about 3-4 (see my regimen for the rest) and haven't regrown anything. In fact, I'm worse off now than pre-treatment. This probably due to the finasteride shedding, though.

Honestly, unless you can really afford it, copper peptides are a waste of time IMHO. Sure, they're great for scalp care, but so are a lot of other things that are MUCH cheaper. I'm not saying you won't regrow anything with Tric, just giving you my personal anecdotes.

I'm done with Tric after this bottle. I'm trying to decide between Dr. Lee's 5% Xandrox and Dr. Proctor's Proxiphen.

viperfish

Reaction score
Temples said:
I've been using Tricomin for about 5 months and finasteride & nizoral for about 3-4 (see my regimen for the rest) and haven't regrown anything. In fact, I'm worse off now than pre-treatment. This probably due to the finasteride shedding, though.

Honestly, unless you can really afford it, copper peptides are a waste of time IMHO. Sure, they're great for scalp care, but so are a lot of other things that are MUCH cheaper. I'm not saying you won't regrow anything with Tric, just giving you my personal anecdotes.

I'm done with Tric after this bottle. I'm trying to decide between Dr. Lee's 5% Xandrox and Dr. Proctor's Proxiphen.

Untrue!! Cu peptides are a vital component of one's regimen. Cu peptides have been shown helpful for fibrosis. Hairloss is an inflammatory process that occurs after DHT attaches its nasty little self to the androgen receptor sites. Tricomin also attempted FDA approval, which I think says alot about a product for male pattern baldness (especially when they know they have to compete with propecia and minoxidil). In the phase I trials conducted they faired pretty well. However, they pulled out most likely due to financial difficulties. FDA approval is a tedious and expensive process. To say that Cu peptides are not worth using is an inaccurate statement. :wink:

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think copper peptides should be a part of everyone's regimen if they are applying any topical at all. Copper peptides are good for the scalp, and according to Dr. Pickart, they enlarge the follicles and stimulate them to generate new cells. That's why copper peptides promote regrowth. Like everything else, they take months to work, and they won't work for everyone. But Folligen is not expensive, and it can be diluted with water if you find it to be too strong at first.

The beneficial effects of cu's on the skin have been proven clinically in a number of studies. Keeping the skin/scalp healthy is one of the ongoing battles in the fight against hair loss, in addition to the regrowth aspects of copper peptides.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm using the Lasercomb three times a week. I don't know if it's doing any good or not, much too early, but it continues to make my hair look better and be more manageable on the days I use it, oddly enough. Tonight I looked at the back of my head in the mirror (you know, by using a hand held mirror), and I was really happy with the amount of regrowth I've experienced. My hair is wavy, so it covers my scalp well, but when I started my regimen in August, I had very noticeable thinning all across the top of my head. Now, other than around my cowlick, it's not very noticeable at all. Since the effects of minoxidil are likely to wear off sooner or later, I'm hoping the Lasercomb can at least maintain what the rest of my regimen appears to be growing.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Temples said:

Untrue!! Cu peptides are a vital component of one's regimen. Cu peptides have been shown helpful for fibrosis. Hairloss is an inflammatory process that occurs after DHT attaches its nasty little self to the androgen receptor sites. Tricomin also attempted FDA approval, which I think says alot about a product for male pattern baldness (especially when they know they have to compete with propecia and minoxidil). In the phase I trials conducted they faired pretty well. However, they pulled out most likely due to financial difficulties. FDA approval is a tedious and expensive process. To say that Cu peptides are not worth using is an inaccurate statement. :wink:

I'm just saying that if you've got the extra cash laying around, fine. But if money's tight go for the sh*t that's really gonna regrow. Tricomin is too expensive for what little (if any) benefit it has given me.