Tricomin and Nizoral, Good start off combo?

Ichibi

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum, I've seen a big change in the thickness of my hair in the past year. Most like male pattern baldness. I'm getting some bad dandruff lately also. Past month or so I started using Jason's Biotin Shampoo, but that doens't seem to be doing anything.

So I found this site, and decided to take action. I'm thinkin' I just want to start off with Nizoral, and Tricomin. Should I just use Nizoral for the scalp, and use Tricomin Spray? Or is the Shampoo and conditioner helpful? Is Nizoral an everyday shampoo? If not I can rotate with my Biotin shampoo, and use Tricomin with it.

Does the Tricomin Spray leave residue like hair spray?

I'm not ready to take anything oral, and don't think I will. Hair loss does suck, I can't even part my hair without seeing my scalp. *sigh*

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i suggest you read up on everything available to you in the resource library on this site. that will give you more than enough information. it will also give you some information on how treatments work, why, etc etc. goodluck

Ichibi

Reaction score
abovedagame said:
i suggest you read up on everything available to you in the resource library on this site. that will give you more than enough information. it will also give you some information on how treatments work, why, etc etc. goodluck

I think I pretty much read up on all that. But I didn't get the answers to the questions I asked in this post. I guess part of my post is opinion. But as far as the feel of the Tricomin, other users can you fill me in on that. Thanks guys.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Tricomin is expensive but easy to use. Ten sprays and you are done. It has not so many studies as minoxidil regarding effectiveness, but most posters here consider copper peptides as a good weapon against hairloss.

Sean68

Reaction score
without using them with either finasteride or minoxidil its basically just a complete waste of money.

Ichibi

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
without using them with either finasteride or minoxidil its basically just a complete waste of money.

So you're saying topicals aren't even worth it?

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Ichibi said:
Sean68 said:

So you're saying topicals aren't even worth it?

If you don't take internals, it will be more difficult. But I don't think impossible. The 3 big treatments are Nizoral, Propecia and minoxidil. I would go for Tricomin rather than Minoxidil, but that is me. If you decide don't take propecia, you will need revivogen or topical spironolactone. Go to the doctor first, and check this website. You have a wealth of info free here. Check posts from Bryan or Michael Barry about topicals.

Sean68

Reaction score
tricomin and nizoral on their own wont stop your hair falling out. they may help finasteride/dutasteride and minoxidil to work better but i wouldnt use them alone. think about it - a shampoo and spray? cmon.