Tricom folligen or AC ??? how do i know which one to add

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
What are the benefits of each

i have been on finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral and nioxin for 1 year and 7 months

CCS

Reaction score
benifits or each...sets see... help maintain or regrow hair? Well, that's what they do. The tricomin worked on humans in a 6 month fda phaseII test, but costs $50. The folligen worked on animals in a test done by the guy who sells them, and has different CPs, but people on this site say it worked good for them. It is half the price. The AC spray was even cheaper, and had the tricomin peptides, but not anymore. It looks like they got tired of paying royalties to the makers of tricomin. Prox-N has copper and zink peptides, and I don't know what the peptides are. It also has other stuff, and is the most expensive one, and considered the strongest.

I bought the last cheap AC spray on ebay. Yea! half off.

Sean68

Reaction score
i'm personally gonna go for folligen because of the potency and the price.theres lots of info on peptides on the boards if you do a search.

CCS

Reaction score
If you use 2mL EOD of tricomin alternated with folligen, the tricomin is not that expensive. That is what I'll do when my AC spray runs out, since AC is using copper gluconate now. I might even get some tricomin sooner and alternate that in. 2mL eod on 6oz is 8 months.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
AC is cheap, and smells nice (apparently) but is a bit lightweight in terms of concentration.

Tricomin has done FDA trials as someone pointed out, but the concentrations they used in the trial were greater than that in their commercial formulation. Expensive, but doesn't stain.

Folligen is created using a quick and dirty addition of copper something or other to hydrolysed soy proteins. This means you get lots of different copper peptides, some of which are no doubt helpful, some of which are not. IMO this is concentrated Tricomin without the extra step of being filtered by detergents or whatever the makers of Tricomin claim removes the green colour. This stuff is staining, although I'm blonde and I don't notice it if I apply it straight from the bottle. I used to dilute it but it made the staining worse. Folligen's creator is Dr Loren Pickart, who was the brainchild of Tricomin, but left the company under a bit of a cloud to set up his own venture.

I like Folligen. It is concentrated and less expensive than Folligen. It also lasts ages. Just don't apply it before bedtime or it'll go all over your lovely white sheets!

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
so when you say stain you don't mean it stains your hair permanently do you ?

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
how do you know how much 2ml is ??? like how many sprays is that

and what is EOD mean ?

i am sorta a newb sorry

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
You can use a dropper that has the ml mark labeled on it.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Scoiland said:
so when you say stain you don't mean it stains your hair permanently do you ?

Your mileage may vary. I am blonde and I haven't noticed any permanent staining. Others have complained about it in the past (Gardner, I think)

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
i finally went ahead and bought the tricomin to supplement my five percent mixnoxidil. It sounds pretty conveinent so i am thinking of using it twice a day possibly if it doesnt interfere with my styling in the morning. If i notice any results i may slowly taper down to once a day.

Does anyone know if the hairs supported by CP become dependant such as minoxidil hairs? I think people are still unsure aren't they?

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
im also wondering if their is a specific time u should wait after an application of tricomin or any cp before washing your hair, swimming, etc. Minoxidil has one so why wouldnt a cp?

upforhair

Reaction score
i strongly believe that hair becomes depentant in any treament that we use , thats why there are only treatments for hairloss and not a cure........